CeramicSpeed BB86 Ceramic Bottom Bracket
Replacing your standard BB86 road bottom bracket with a Ceramic Speed model saves you watts and energy by reducing friction with every turn of your crankset. The science and testing behind the efficacy and benefits of ceramic bearings is definitive, but all ceramic bearings are not made the same. Ceramic Speed bearings are harder, perfectly round, and widely surpass the quality standards of most ceramics on the market. With average lifespans of 3-5 times that of high-quality steel bearings, these Silicon Nitride offerings from the Danish company pay for themselves over time in longevity alone, never mind the mechanical and performance benefits gained. If you are a competitive cyclist or triathlete who seeks every component, accessory, and bike advantage, invest in the proven friction reduction of Ceramic Speed.
The BB86 Ceramic Bottom Bracket is designed for frames with the 41mm internal diameter press-fit standard. It is compatible with straight 24mm crank spindles, such as those of Shimano Hollowtech cranksets. This model also works for Shimano BB-91/92 standards. The aluminum shell is machined to exacting tolerances, and spacers are included to insure ideal fit. Ceramic Speed's bearings ride in composite carriers and high-quality, steel races. The ceramic balls are polished to perfect smoothness, and should they make contact with a race, they won't damage it, but will actually serve to clean and eliminate any surface issues inside the race. Lubrication is specific to the Ceramic Speed system, as are the bearing seals. A syringe of the grease lubricant comes with the bottom bracket. Detailed instructions for installation and service come with the bottom bracket and can also be found on Ceramic Speed's Cycling website.
Properly installed, using the correct spacers for your application, your bottom bracket should not creak or make noise. The crankset will spin freely, with the absolute minimum resistance. Machining and hand-assembly is done in Denmark, with each part and the final assembly thoroughly inspected before shipping to distributors. The 60 gram bottom bracket delivers performance far in excess of standard options on the market. Save watts and energy with every pedal stroke as you optimize your equipment to fully realize your human potential with the Ceramic Speed BB86 Ceramic Bottom Bracket.
- BB86 standard upgraded bottom bracket with highest quality hybrid ceramic bearings
- Tested and proven to be the hardest, smoothest, roundest bearing available
- Reduce friction with every pedal stroke, ensuring energy is converted to power
- Shells are aluminum, machined to exacting tolerances
- Ceramic Speed's Silicon Nitride ball bearings, composite carrier, steel races
- Proper installation and maintenance required to maximize performance
- Designed for 41mm ID press-fit frames, for 24mm spindle cranksets
- Compatible with: BB86, BB91, BB92 road designs
- Includes: Bottom bracket cups, dust cover w/ integrated spacer, plastic sleeve, grease
- Colors: Black, Red
- Weight: 60 grams
- Hand assembled in Denmark