Campagnolo Chorus HO 11 Speed Rear Derailleur
Campagnolo Chorus 11 last saw major updates in 2015, but as the Italian component manufacturer has worked to develop and release their hydraulic road disc brake options, it became clear that new frame designs with greater rear dropout width, the use of thru-axles, and desirable greater gearing range that the set-up, shifting and performance of the rear derailleur system had to be addressed. The HO designation used here means Hydraulic Optimized, which may be somewhat confusing, as the rear derailleur has no hydraulic feature, just that the design was optimized to accommodate the range, rear spacing, and axle-type changes mentioned above, as most of these are associated with the move to hydraulic road disc braking.
This Chorus HO 11 Speed Rear Derailleur has been designed for disc brake frames that feature the wider rear dropout spacing without compromising standard 130mm road spacing performance. Both the Short and Medium (72.5mm) Cage versions feature an adapted mounting link for easier thru-axle removal and wheel insertion. The pulley wheels have also been redesigned for more for precise shifting, simpler adjustment, and chainwrap at more extreme chainlines thanks to the upper pulley wheel having longer teeth, while the lower with chamfered teeth that reduce friction and noise.
The re-design also features movement of the limit screws to a rear-facing position on the upper body that is easy to access for cleaner, more direct tool access. Overall, the geometry of the cage parallelogram was changed for more efficient movement over the greater gear range and the impact of wider spacing on the chainline. Both cage models carry the new HO design and standard Chorus level technology and hardware, with the carbon outer body design, lightweight alloy hardware and stiff alloy cage plates. The Medium Cage is now compatible with 11-32 11-speed cassettes, while the Short Cage maintains at 29T for the larger cassette cog.
Functionally, the HO design has been developed to deliver the performance, shifting precision, and reliability you love from Campagnolo's best-selling model. Chorus is the workhorse option, delivering more the dollar than any other Campagnolo drivetrain. The Chorus HO 11 Speed Rear Derailleur simply expands the capabilities of the Chorus road line-up to include the current move towards to hydraulic road disc brake use, the frame standards, and user requirements that have evolved with that development.
- HO (Hydraulic Optimized) rear derailleur design for the new wider spacing, axle types, and greater chainline spread of bikes designed for disc brake use
- Still compatible with standard road 130mm hub spacing with quick release
- Two cage options: Short (up to 11-29), Medium (up to 11-32)
- Features an adapted mounting link for easier thru-axle removal and wheel insertion
- Ultra-Shift delivers max shifting rigidity, fast actuation, precision, friction reduction
- Updated parallelogram maximizes stiffness, shifting speed and precision
- Pulley rollers on bushings in sintered material
- Carbon fiber front plate and alloy cage and alloy fixing bolts
- Upper pulley wheel has longer teeth, Lower wheel has chamfered shape
- Limit screws face rear off upper body, direct, clean tool access
- Compatible with Potenza, 2015 and newer Chorus, Record and Super Record
- Not compatible with pre-2015 Campagnolo drivetrains
- Options: Short Cage, Long Cage (72.5mm)
- Color: Carbon/Black
- Weight: Short Cage 183g, Medium 198g