Castelli Compressione 13 Sock
The Compressione 13 Sock from Castelli is just that; a 13cm cuff sock that offers compression top to bottom. But this is not a sock you have to wrestle on, or give you that subtle sigh of relief when you tug it off. The Compressione 13 uses a blend of 85% polyester and 15% Lycra to offer a consistent and resilient, yet light level of compression. It helps to keep you fresh and supported on the bike, while encouraging active blood flow through feet and ankles. The 13cm cuff will generally sit below the mass of your calf muscles, allowing them to move and respond freely.
Although many of Castelli's sock designs are feature laden, the Compressione 13 relies on the consistent stretch and compression to perform it's crucial function. The foot area does have a more open woven pattern for better breathability, but from the ankle up, the weave gets tighter, as the tissue gets softer, less bony. Many riders enjoy compression-type socks on the bike but find greater compressive material blends are just a bit too much on a long hot ride. The Compressione 13 is comfortable on the bike, and can also be used strictly apres-ride for recovery purposes. Your choice.
- 13cm lightly compressive sock for ride or post-ride recovery use
- Blend of 85%polyester and 15% Lycra provides consistent, manageable compression
- Material will breathe and wick reasonably well, more open weave on foot upper
- Cuff comes up to just below the calf on most riders
- Light compression increases blood flow
- Sizes: S/M, Large/XL, XXL
- Colors: White, Black