Mavic Crossride Disc 29 Front Wheel
The Crossride Disc wheel system has been the best selling replacement or upgrade wheelset for stock mountain bike builds. The Crossride incorporates several proven Mavic MTB technologies and is designed for XC trail and general Trail type rides. Now featuring a 21mm internal rim width, this Crossride Disc 29 Front Wheel allows you to capably and safely run tires up to 2.7" wide. This rear wheel can carry riders up to 265 lbs, yet weighs only 940 grams. Out of the box the 6-bolt Crossride Disc 29 Front Wheel comes equipped for 15/100mm thru-axles, but includes end cap adapters for 100mm quick release fork dropouts.
Mavic uses their S6000 aluminum rim, which has been treated with the H2 hardening process to add strength, particularly at the spoke holes. The extruded rim shape provides substantial strength and is resilient to hard hours on the trails. The sleeved rim can handle some impact but wasn't designed for drops or huge jumps- keep these at about 2 feet max. The hub is typical Mavic- machined from aluminum for stiffness and strength, with flanges designed for straight-pull steel spokes, and an oversized alloy axle that adds stiffness and allows for the easy end cap changes for thru-axle systems. The 24 spokes are bladed for strength and impact protection, laced 2x/2x on the hub, and feature steel nipples at the rim.
The Crossride Disc is not designed for Tubeless Ready or UST use and should always be run with a tube. The disc interface is the more common 6-bolt system, which makes life simple, as there are many disc rotor options available to you. The Crossride Disc is simply a great 2nd-level mountain bike wheel. You get far more features, technology, and performance than an OEM wheel from major manufacturers. All for under $145. Ride with Mavic and spend more time thinking about the possibilities, not the limitations, with the Crossride Disc 29er Front Wheel.
- 29er front mountain bike disc-specific wheel that can handle tires up to 2.7" wide
- Wider, 21mm internal width rim offers bigger air volume for better comfort
- Lighter S6000 aluminum sleeved rim helps easy handling
- H2 Hammer Hardening process increase rim strength and resilience
- 6-bolt disc interface
- 24 steel bladed spokes, laced 2x/2x with steel nipples at the rim
- Machined alloy hub with oversized alloy axle, QRM sealed cartridge bearings
- Set-up for 15/100mm thru-axles, includes 100mm QR adapters, BR101 QR
- Includes rim tape, valve reducer from Schrader hole to Presta, rim tape
- Tire width range: 1.4"-2.7"
- Rider weight limit: 265lbs
- Color: Black w/white graphics
- Weight: 940 grams