Shimano Dura-Ace FC-7710 Track Crank Arms
Shimano'a Dura-Ace has played a decades-long role at the highest levels of track racing. While their high-flange 7600 series track hubset is perhaps the most coveted item, the FC-7710 Track Crank Arm set isn't far behind. Released along with the 7700 road drivetrain, the 7710 Track specific crank arms featured the same forged 1st generation Hollowtech alloy construction, polished finish, and the then new Octalink V1 splined bottom bracket standard. Many track cyclists prefer the narrower q-factor design of the 7710 crank arms, which feature a 144bcd spider for track chainrings, over some of the outboard crank options that are available. The Dura-Ace level crank and spider are also incredibly precise, and when paired with Dura-Ace specific track chainrings, the overall roundness and precision alignment of the ring throughout the pedal stroke is straight and true- crucial to smooth and efficient track performance.
Shimano didn't just copy the road crankset. The 7710 was clearly a separate forging, with the larger integrated spider, which also was engineered for greater strength. The two crank arm mounting bolts are steel, not alloy, as are the included five chainring bolts. Just a note on compatibility. Although the 7710 crank arms do work with any Shimano Octalink V1 bottom bracket, a special 7710 version was made with steel cups to better manage the stress and load of direct drive track cycling under the most powerful sprinters in the world. Intended for track use only, the 7710 bottom bracket does not have moisture seals, which add friction, and as such should be exposed to the elements.
This 7710 Track Crank Arm set was developed for 109.5mm bottom bracket spindles for both 68/70mm wide threaded shells, resulting in a 42.5mm chainline. When used with Dura-Ace 120mm rear track hubs, the chainline is as close to perfect as frame alignment allows. At 505 grams in a 170mm length, the 7710 Track Crank Arm set is strong, durable, and resilient to long term, high output track use.
- Dura-Ace level track crank arm set for use with Octalink V1 bottom brackets
- Precision construction for perfect ring interface and in lateral plane
- Forged aluminum crank arms and spider, arms with 1st gen Hollowtech design
- Spider thicker than road version, with 144mm bolt circle diameter
- Splined BB interface increased stiffness greater square taper arm/bb pairings
- Includes easy release crank arm bolts with washer, arm removal lockring
- Steel chainring bolts, set of 5, included
- Designed for 42.5mm chainline, with 109.5mm long Octalink V1 bottom bracket
- Shimano originally offered 3/32 and 1/8 pitch track rings with proper base width, but many aftermarket 3/32 pitch rings will not work with this crank arm set
- Options: 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175mm crank arm lengths
- Finish: Dura-Ace silver, polished
- Weight: 505 grams (170mm)