Garmin Edge Explore
Garmin's Edge GPS head units have long served training cyclists and those who prefer to pedal off the beaten path, and various models serve each market. With the Edge Explore, you can get lost in the adventure without actually losing your way. It comes preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map, which directs you to just about anything; from scenic countryside routes to coffee, food and bike shops. The routes are generated with Trendline popularity routing, pulling from billions of miles of accumulated cycling data. It makes it easy to ride like a local, along the routes and trails that actual cyclists prefer. Along the way, Edge Explore provides turn-by-turn directions, and, of course, it’s smart enough to guide you back to the route, or back to start, if you deviate from it or decide to head home early.
There’s no time wasted with Edge Explore. This GPS bike computer is simple to set up and ready to ride as soon as it comes out of the box. When you can see the directions you need at a glance, you don’t have to miss the amazing views. Discover new routes, and stay connected wherever you ride with Edge Explore. This easy-to-use GPS cycling computer features a preloaded Garmin Cycle Map that shows you the routes cyclists like to ride. A variety of connected features lets you stay in touch with other riders as well as the folks back home. With Edge Explore, you have the perfect partner for touring and adventure.That’s why Garmin designed Edge Explore with a 3” display that’s bright and easy to see- whether you’re riding in direct sunlight, on a cloudy day or even in the rain. The touchscreen is snappy and responsive, even when you’re wearing gloves.
Keep your phone packed away, and just enjoy the ride because Edge Explore has all the smart connections you need. Use LiveTrack to let your friends and family follow your real-time location, or use GroupTrack to keep tabs on up to 50 of your riding buddies. If your fellow riders pull ahead or fall behind, rider-to-rider messaging (with a compatible smartphone) lets you send pre-written notes from your Edge bike computer to theirs. Let your friends know if you’ll catch up in a few minutes or if they should go on without you. If you have a flat tire or need assistance, you can send a message to your fellow riders who are paired with GroupTrack, so they can find you.
Edge Explore is compatible with our Varia™ line of cycling awareness devices, including rearview radar and smart bike lights. By pairing the radar with your Edge, you can get alerts right on your Edge display to cars approaching from behind, helping you see and be seen by the traffic around you. Edge Explore has an assistance feature and built-in incident detection, which automatically sends your location to an emergency contact if you run into difficulty.
It’s easy to customize your Edge Explore bike computer with the free apps, widgets and data fields you want from our Connect IQ™ store. Apps such as AccuWeather MinuteCast let you know when the rain will stop so you can find time for a ride. And, if you plan your rides on sites such as Strava Summit, Komoot or Wikiloc, download those apps so you can have your favorite routes imported directly to your Edge for you to follow. Or if you’re looking for a nearby café or bike shop, use the Yelp app to download their locations, and route directly to them on your Edge device.
- Easy-to-use GPS bike computer with high resolution, 3” glove- and rain-friendly touchscreen that’s visible even in direct sunlight
- Includes preloaded Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn navigation and Trendline™ popularity routing; capable of loading maps as well
- Built-in high sensitivity GPS receiver tracks how far, how fast, how high and where you ride; Accelerometer also tracks speed throughout use
- Compatible with Varia™ cycling awareness devices, including smart bike lights and rearview radar to detect cars and alert drivers
- Training, Planning and Analysis cycling features you have come to expect
- When paired with your compatible smartphone, you gain connected features, including LiveTrack and GroupTrack, Smart Notifications, rider-to-rider messaging and built-in incident detection
- Third-Party App access via Connect™ IQ app
- Physical dimensions 4.1" x 2.2" x 0.9" (105.0 x 55.0 x 22.0 mm)
- Touchscreen display size: 1.5" x 2.6" (39.0 x 65.0 mm); 3.0" diag (76.0 mm)
- Color display resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
- Waypoints-favorites-locations / Routes: 200 / 100
- Storage capacity / history: 16 GB / 200 hours of data
- Water resistance rating: IPX7
- Battery / life: rechargeable Lithium-Ion / up to 12 hours
- Compatible with Garmin quarter turn mounts
- Includes: Edge Explore head unit, mounting hardware (2 strap versions), USB cable, documentation
- Weight: 4.1 oz (116 g)