Pearl Izumi Elite Escape Barrier Jacket
The Elite Escape Barrier Jacket from Pearl Izumi was designed for comfort and protection in transitional seasons. The packable jacket is ideal for rides when weather changes are expected, and perhaps even more importantly, not expected. The lightweight shell features a DWR coating over the ELITE Barrier fabric to provide superior wind and water protection. While not an insulated piece, the protection and fit ensure the cold and wet stay out and the heat sealed in. The fit is semi-form, so the jacket can be comfortably worn over a thermal longsleeve jersey, extending it's potential temperature range.
The material is compliant and has some stretch to it, while the waist hem and wrist cuffs are elasticized to ensure the piece stays in place and seals out elements. The full length 2-way Vislon zipper has an internal draft flap, with top zipper garage for storage and to keep the pull off your neck. The tapered collar is shorter in front, taller in back, so it is more comfortable in an aggressive posture without compromising protection. Despite the wind and weather protection, the ELITE Barrier fabric also breathes extremely well, working to expel moisture at all times. When worn with wicking layers underneath, the system won't allow you to overheat and get too sweaty, even during hard efforts.
The semi-form fit is tailored to the cycling position, so it is cut high in the front, and long in the back. The piece is panelized to follow anatomic cues, and takes into account how the material stretches. While not a compressive fit, the ELITE Escape Barrier Jacket is shaped for the active rider with a moderate to aggressive hip angle, and should not billow in the wind. The sleeves are long, and won't ride up over your wrist. There is a good size single pocket in the back, with a zippered closure, so you can easily and safely stow essential items when necessary. As you would expect, the construction and finish are high quality, and the overall protection properties of the jacket are excellent. With it's focus on safety, Pearl uses reflective elements all around for low-light visibility. The ELITE Escape Barrier jacket is the evolution of the ELITE model that has been a best seller for years due to the excellent performance, quality workmanship, and value oriented price. Cyclists in almost every climate zone need a barrier jacket at times, and many will have far more annual riding days in potentially challenging conditions than pure summer sunny days. This is a go-to, must-have piece.
- Cycling-specific, semi-form fit jacket for wind/water protection in transitional seasons
- ELITE Barrier fabric provides superior wind protection and water resistance
- Full length, 2-way Vislon zipper w/draft flap, zipper garage seals in warmth
- Anatomically informed paneling and material alignment ensure active comfort and fit
- Contoured, shaped sleeve hem coverage adds warmth
- Collar tapers from front to back for on-bike ergonomics
- Elasticized hem and cuffs with rear silicon gripper to hold hem in place
- One zippered back pocket for storage
- BioViz® reflective elements for low-light visibility
- 100% Polyester, Fabric weight: 72 g/m2
- Colors: Black, Navy
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL