Mavic Ellipse Track Wheelset
Mavic has a serious legacy of success in track cycling but all great track racers have made the rounds of indoor and outdoor training facilities, putting in lap after lap to hone their power, efficiency, and skill on the banked surface. The Ellipse Track Wheelset was developed to stoutly assure lap after lap of precise control, but also be able to handle forays onto the roads, where even the roughest track surfaces seem smooth. The traditional bolt-on track hubs and a flip-flop rear set-up gives you two fixed cog options, making it easy to swap the set from road fixie to track bike. The 30mm rim profile delivers base aero speed and rotational velocity. And the black design is striking.
But don't be fooled, you get solid Mavic wheel technology here. The S600 extruded aluminum rim is strong and resilient. The SUP welded and milled joint keeps the rim humming along with balance, and no hop, especially important on the boards. The micro-adjustable QRM+ bearings, perhaps the most crucial mechanical system on track wheels, are ultra smooth, and are generally found on Mavic's higher-end road wheels. The hubs are machined from aluminum stock for optimal stiffness, steel axles are used for strength, and capped by track axle nuts. The thread pitch for cog and lockring are BSC standard, and the minimum track cog base width is 7.5mm. Mavic includes one lockring.
The Ellipse Track Wheelset is suitable for training, as well as entry-level racing. There is no brake track to road use is discouraged. Both wheels feature 20 spokes, of the deep bladed, straight-pull variety for excellent power transfer, truing capbility, and overall stiffness. The front is laced radial, while the rear is laced 2x/2x. Hub spacing is track standard: 100mm front, 120mm rear. At 1895 grams for the set, the Ellipse is ideally constructed for years of smooth, fast rolling and sprint reactions.
- Track training wheelset with flip-flop rear hub, alloy rims, traditional track spacing
- Rim: S6000 aluminum, extruded, 30mm profile, SUP joint, no machined brake track
- Clincher rim width: Internal 15mm
- Recommended tire size: 21-28mm
- Aluminum hub shells, steel axles, track nut, QRM+ micro-adjustable bearings
- Mavic Ultra bladed steel spokes, straight pull, 20 front and rear
- Lacing: 20F radial, 20R 2x/2x
- Spacing: 100mm Front, 120mm Rear
- Flip-flop for fixed cog and lockring on both sides
- Included: cog lockring, rim tape, valve extenders, MF tool, track axle fixing nuts
- Max rider weight: 265 lbs
- Color: Black
- Weight: 1895 grams