Assos Equipe RS Spring Fall Aero SS Jersey
Assos developed the Spring Fall series to allow cyclists who require race-level performance clothing options during the shoulder seasons. For race conditions that bookend the road season, those ultralight mesh summer jerseys don’t cut it. Cool winds and weather necessitate added thermal core protection, which is where the Assos Spring Fall Aero SS Jersey steps in to fill the void. A specific void, for sure, but when you aren't willing to compromise- don't.
Assos knows that when the body's RPMs remain high, less is more. This is why they designed a lightweight thermal jersey with short sleeves and climate-control features, as Spring Fall conditions often require one to add and subtract warmers and a vest throughout the duration of the race. The first thing you’ll notice are two “valves” on the fronts of the shoulders. This Assos-exclusive feature acts like a set of air vents that draws in cool air from the outside and injects it between the jersey’s two layers of fabric. Why not just unzip? The designers constructed the jersey with two layers in their twinDeck construction, essentially pairing a light thermal face fabric with a super stretchy outer panel to create an aerodynamic insulated race jersey. But when going full-gas while preserving a tucked profile- yet still needing a touch of body-cooling ventilation, unzipping isn’t always an option. This design solves the issue, resulting in a regulated core body temperature, without sacrificing aerodynamics.
The sleeves are made with Assos own SONIC textile, a highly elastic ribbed fabric that both molds to the arms and delivers light insulation with its brushed skin-facing side. The raw edges round out the package for smooth, clean interaction when using layers. Assos uses their color-coded Triple Ramp Pockets with flaps and ideal angle of entry. Stability comes from the ultralight ribbed rear hem, which helps to ensure a stable, comfortable, secure fit.
- Lightweight thermal jersey with short sleeves, Spring Fall climate-control features
- aeroFit is a speed-focused fit that’s tighter, more compressive than Assos racingFit
- May feel restrictive out of the riding position but feels like a second skin while riding
- Main fabric Push Pull warp-knit textile with high UV protection (UPF 50+)
- Highly breathable, fine gauge knit with bi-stretch is quick drying, very comfortable
- Tibet interior lining- this bi-stretch circular knit adds light insulation and helps pull moisture away from the skin
- twinDeck double-layer fabric construction boosts insulation using a combination of Push Pull and Tibet textiles and is employed on the front panel and upper back
- SONIC-SN sleeves in this highly elastic ribbed fabric, which creates a second-skin fit and features a brushed micro-sanded face for added thermal protection
- Sleeves are Raw Cut, creating a smooth, aerodynamic design that seamlessly pairs with additional layers
- valveTec Diffusor is an exclusive sewing construction that creates dual “valves” on the fronts of the shoulders, drawing in cool air for added ventilation
- Double-Slider Zipper is a reversed camlock design, metal construction, with stabilizer tab at the top to facilitate one-handed operation
- Triple Ramp Pocket storage design with three textile-lidded pockets optimally located for ease of access; color-coded and featuring a micro-perforated bonded tape for visibility
- Ribbed Rear Hem: A wide, ribbed elastic hem ensures a comfortable, secure fit
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: blackSeries
- Weight: 260 grams (Large)