SRAM Force 1 Type 3.0 Rear Derailleur
The SRAM Force 1 Type 3.0 Rear Derailleur has been undated with the latest 3rd generation Roller Bearing Clutch system. The original design, and most of the current design borrows directly from the technology of the hugely successful SRAM 1x mountain bike drivetrains to provide the fastest, quietest road/cross 1x11 shifting available. SRAM's unique clutch system eliminates chain slack, providing for smoother, quieter, and more secure chain travel. It is part of an incredible 1x drive train perfect for cross, gravel bikes, and with the larger ring sizes of criterium and even TT gearing.
This SRAM Force 1 Type 3.0 Rear Derailleur's unique straight parallelogram design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. The large 12t upper pulley offset design maintains a consistent chain gap across all gears. This puts the upper pulley in the perfect position for the quickest shifts across the entire range.
Roller Bearing Clutch 3.0 technology delivers great chain retention, but also more responsive and refined chain control. Cage Lock technology makes wheel removal and installation easier than ever before. Cage Lock lets you push your cage forward and lock it into place with the push of a button. This creates slack, removing all tension from the chain. With Cage Lock, wheel removal and installation - as well as chain installation is easier than any other derailleur.
The single ring, 11-speed drive train is lighter overall and the supremely more efficient and effective for cross and gravel riding. There is never any chain rub or chain drop. It has a clean look an optimal gear selection. Shifting is very fast and smoother but perhaps best of all, with the improved Type 1 3.0 rear derailleur, the likelihood of chain drop has been drastically reduced.
- Refined Force 1 rear derailleur with 3rd generation Roller Bearing Clutch
- Aluminum cage with cartridge bearing pulleys and stainless hardware
- Works with up to a 36t rear cog (Medium) and 42 (Long)
- Dedicated 1x rear derailleur
- SRAM Exact Actuation 10 and 11-speed compatible
- X-Sync pulleys feature 12-tooth design controls lateral movement, increases wrap
- X-Horizon straight parallelogram design limits movement to the horizontal axis
- Roller Bearing Clutch 3.0 smoothly controls chain tension
- Cage Lock makes for fast wheel changes
- Color: Black with turquoise
- Options: Select Medium Cage for 11-26 through 11-36 cassettes, Long Cage for 11-32 through 10-42 cassettes
- Weight: 267 grams (Medium Cage)