Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance Tubeless Tire
Hutchinson pioneered the road tubeless tire system in partnership with Shimano and has the most development and production experience. Their flat carbon bead system is designed work perfectly with Road Tubeless rims, and won't stretch with use, preventing accidental roll off, even in case of a serious flat tire situation. The all-season Fusion 5 Performance Tubeless Tire is meant for anything from every day road riding through racing events. The rubber compound offers little rolling resistance and as with all tubeless tires, there is no internal friction from tube/tire interaction.
With bead to bead puncture protection and a butyl sealing liner, the Fusion 5 Performance Tubeless reduces the possibility of puncture, and eliminates pinch flats- resulting in a safer tire all around. The use of Hutchinson's Protect Air Max Sealant can quickly fill small punctures and help provide a premier seal at the bead. At just 285 grams in a 700x23, this tire offers a great balance between grip, durability and performance. When you factor in the average road tube at just over 100 grams, this is lightweight set-up, even if you use sealant.
The 127tpi casing is the perfect structure for the Fusion 5. The casing offers a consistently round shape, with more than enough suppleness under pressure, yet enough strength to feel substantial. The rubber is called HDF-5 and Hutchinson considers this compound to be the pinnacle of development for all-around tires, offering their best combination in the 5 performance highlights of a tire: Grip, Efficiency, Durability, Puncture resistance and Comfort. The butyl sealing liner is joined by a flexible Kevlar puncture protection belt for additional flat protection under the center tread. The tread design is simple, with a constant center section and directional, angled grooves that sipe away water and provide extra grip when cornering.
Road Tubeless tires should be used with Road Tubeless rims for optimal safety and performance. As with all products, Road Tubeless tires have greatly improved in the technology's short life span and we have found the Fusion 5 Performance Tubeless Tire to be the best all-rounder to date. If you want to set aside the GP4000s, or other favorite road clincher to try tubeless, we highly recommend you start here.
- Advanced Tubeless Road tire optimized for all around, performance, all conditions
- HDF-5 compound balances Grip, Efficiency, Durability, Puncture resistance, Comfort
- Carbon bead technology prevents bead stretch under any circumstance
- Bead to bead puncture protection with a butyl sealing liner
- Kevlar protection belt added for additional protection under tread
- 127 tpi fine fiber nylon casing
- Fast rolling tread with directional angled siping for grip, water displacement
- Can be used with tube if desired, or in emergencies
- Hutchinson recommends use of their Protect Air Max Sealant only
- Size: 700x23, 700x25
- Color: Black
- Weight: 285 grams (23mm), 295 (25mm)
- Made in France