Sportful Neoprene All Weather Bootie
With all the incredibly technical full shoe covers available today, many road cyclists looking for a mid-weight bootie with great wind and water protection simply go straight to the neoprene options. Why? Performance, durability, reliability and value. To us, that reads as: the Sportful Neoprene All Weather Bootie. Rated down to about 40°F, this high stretch, warm bootie has superior wind and water blocking, along with a great fit, ideal height, and fast, easy, secure Velcro access.
The all-over neoprene design has thermowelded seams for total waterproof qualities for the upper. Of course, booties have a consideration that prevents them from being fully waterproof- the cleat openings and outsole air vents, but protection on top is crucial and informed cyclists remove their insole, put some waterproof tape over vent holes and openings to prevent infiltration. Along with a rear zipper closure, the All Weather Bootie uses a raw neoprene flap design that has a micro injected Velro attachment that won't fail or tear with use. When your hands are cold and stiff, the Velcro is fast and easy at the top of the cuff, hiding then revealing the zipper pull.
Sportful uses a durable base material that can handle the walking you need to do, and the cleat opening has a finished edge to prevent tearing. The designers added ample rear reflective material along with the front reflective transfer logo. A smart placement for the heel tab pull offers great leverage for entry and removal. All in all, this is a well designed and extremely effective all weather shoe cover system. The only real drawback of neoprene is the moderate breathability, but the overall thermal and protection qualities counter this semi-weakness. The heat retention and ideal temp zone of 41-55°F means you won't get cold even if you get some moisture build-up. The Sportful Neoprene All Weather Bootie delivers everything you need for the shoulder seasons, and more at a great price.
- Warm bootie that really shines in the rain by offering maximum protection combined with the extra comfort of the high stretch provided by neoprene
- All-over neoprene with thermowelded seams for total upper waterproof capability
- Raw neoprene ankle closure to seal out rain
- Rear facing zipper with pull covered by Velcro closure
- Pull tab to aid entry and exit
- Micro-injection Velcro closure
- Durable base material with finished edges; reinforcements in key heel/toe zones
- Reflective S outline logo and inserts
- Rated down to 41°F in wet or dry conditions
- Sizes: Small, M/L, XL
- Color: Black
- Weight: tbd