Pearl Izumi Pro Amfib Shell Jacket
Over the years Pearl Izumi's AmFIB fabric has gotten more lighter, more flexible, less dense, and more capable overall. The PRO AmFib Shell Jacket is being billed as their most versatile piece for cyclists who train outdoors year round, require a form fit, and want water protection from a thermal piece. The details need to be there, and be done properly- staples of Pearl Izumi's commitment to cyclists.
The heart of the jacket is Pearl's PRO 3-layer, 4-way stretch AmFIB® Softshell fabric. This layered textile is windproof, water-resistant and 50% more breathable than typical membranes. In other words, all of the technical capabilities needed shoulder and winter season training. The Pro AmFIB Shell Jacket is considered weatherproof, thanks to the proprietary PI Dry® treatment, which causes water to bead up on the surface and run off before it has a chance to soak through the fabric and membrane. The bonded seams at the cuffs, neck and hem reduce bulk and keep the piece form-fitting, sleek. It protects like an insulated rain jacket, but fits like a long-sleeve jersey.
The aforementioned details start with the bonded seams, but extend beyond, particularly with the Vislon® Aquaguard zipper. This wide tooth zipper is waterproof, glides easily at any temperature and is easy to use with gloves for impromptu ventilation adjustments. At the rear, two slash back pockets allow for quick and direct in-rode use, and the is a zippered center pocket balance to balance access with an all-weather, secure storage option. We all know Pearl's BioViz reflective elements are highly effective in low-light conditions, l and of course we find them here. When full-on capabilities, comfort, and features drive your decision to buy a 3-season jacket, know that Pearl Izumi's jackets generally exceed the tech specs of their competitors, and are always more cost effective.
- Highly technical and wholly effective 3-season Form Fit cycling jacket
- Designed for serious training when the cold and wet keeps others inside
- PRO 3-layer, 4-way stretch AmFIB Softshell fabric is windproof, water-resistant and 50% more breathable than typical membrane
- PI Dry water shedding technology provides all-weather performance
- Bonded neck, cuffs and hem to minimize bulk. 2-way water resistant
- Vislon Aquaguard zipper is easy to use with gloves for quick ventilation
- Two back pockets plus waterproof zippered center security pocket /li>
- BioViz® reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Fabric: Main Body: 100% polyester Pocket Bag: 100% nylon Other: 46% nylon, 38% polyester, 16% Lycra® elastane
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black