Schwalbe Racing Ralph SS Addix Speed TL Tire
Do you race mountain bikes? Do you generally experience fast, dry hardpack, rocky trails? If so you likely already know the value of Schwalbe's Racing Ralph tire. The tread design is a serious favorite for XC Race and XC Trail riders in CO, UT, SoCal, NM, NV, and AZ. Schwalbe works incessantly to continually improve the construction and features of their tires and their evolutionary process takes a huge step forward with the new Addix rubber compound. With the Racing Ralph SS Addix Speed TLE Tire you are getting Schwalbe's EVO level tire with SnakeSkin protection, Tubeless Easy engineering, and and the Addix Speed compound. Ideal for hardpack with some soft and loose material this Racing Ralph beats the low rolling resistance of the previous PaceStar compound by 10%, adds 15% more grip, a huge 25% more durability, and 5% more trail damping. This tubeless race tire is fast, and getting faster.
Schwalbe is keeping the exact details fuzzy, but Addix is a completely new tire ingredient mixing approach, with higher quality materials that have been assiduously tested and balanced to determine the new Addix compound options by desired properties. Anyone who has enjoyed the tubeless and riding performance of Schwalbe's race-level tires, but not the durability issues, has to be both shocked and overjoyed with such a massive gain in physical integrity. Addix has been in development for several years, with the overall goal to keep Schwalbe's race pedigree intact while improving and refining all other traits.
Racing Ralph features a busy, but smartly organized tread pattern. The pairs and sets of angled, alternating knobs seem short and need to be for speed, but are much more prominent in profile, and when you run the tire at lower pressures, the tire deforms to the surface, giving you almost octopus style adherence. In aggressive riding in hardpack conditions, Ralph at low-ish pressure delivers sure grip in fast corners, and if it does slip, it is likely because you want it to.
As a rounded shell tire, the footprint of Ralph can be deceiving, but you have to remember it is optimized for tubeless usage. This version, with the EVO SnakeSkin sidewall, is highly resistant to abrasion and cuts. Lightweight, speed, speed, and more speed. That is the Racing Ralph. If you are prepping for nationals, worlds, or just feel the need to dominate a local short track race in the Southwest, go for it. The Tubeless Easy, SnakeSkin, and the Addix Speed capability are features are just too crucial to the right combination of speed, control, and reliability everyone desires in a race-level tire that won't be denied.
- Lightweight speed XC/Marathon tire with real durability improvement
- Well organized pairs and sets of tread blocks grip and hold on hardpack
- Addix Speed delivers low rolling resistance, superior grip, terrain damping, and overall durability versus it's PaceStar predecessor
- SnakeSkin protection bead to bead against abrasion, puncture
- Evolution Series tire with 67 EPI casing, flexible Tubeless Easy bead system
- Recommended pressure range / load rating / weight
- 27.5 x 2.25": 26-54 / 243 lbs / 595g
- 29 x 2.10": 30-55 psi / 243 lbs / 585g
- 29 x 2.25": 26-54 psi / 265 lbs / 630g
- 29 x 2.35": 23-50 psi / 275 lbs / 705g
- Red stripe in tire denotes Addix Speed compound
- Select from available sizes in dropdown menu
- Color: Black