ENVE Road Disc Fork Thru-Axle
Enve has completely reinvented their Road Disc Fork for thru-axle use. The notable features are: flat mount disc caliper mounting standard, 1⅛ to 1¼ taper, 32mm tire clearance, 43 and 50mm rake options, and the 12mm thru-axle standard. Enve and many builders feel that these standards are the path forward for road disc use as the best combination of riding performance, light weight, braking, internal housing routing, aerodynamics, and ride quality. The new design does bump the axle to crown measurement to 370mm, but again new frame designs will accommodate this without sacrificing handling.
The unidirectional, end to end carbon fiber lay-up and molding process carries forward. Enve's carbon products are exceptionally strong, with all holes, mounts, and drop outs molded with continual fibers, not cut out or drilled. The system also allows the engineers considerable opportunity to build necessary vertical compliance and lateral, as well as blade to blade, stiffness. The one-piece system requires expert assembly and care, and with a decade plus of dedicated experience, Enve knows their system and the requirement and expectations of their customers, be they end-users or frame builders.
With the Thru-Axle Road Disc Fork, Enve not only meets the market, but also helps to define it with their frame building partners. With the exceptional tire clearance, aerodynamic form, and 425 gram weight (which includes the solid alloy thru-axle), this fork is the future of road disc brake bike design.
- Light weight, superior ride quality full carbon disc brake road fork with thru-axle
- One piece, end to end carbon construction with molded holes, axle mount, etc
- Incredibly strong and resilient, but offers an attenuated ride with positive road feel
- Tapered steerer: 1⅛ to 1¼" with 1.25" crown race diameter
- Disc mount: Flat Mount type for 140mm rotor use, adaptable to 160mm max
- Internal housing routing: top of fork to disc mount, with aero principles
- Thru-axle: 12/100mm, comes with solid alloy Hex key style thru-axle
- Tire clearance: 32mm (may vary with tire manufacturer sizing)
- Axle to crown: 370mm
- Steerer tube length: 350mm
- Rake options: 43mm, 50mm
- Finish: Gloss Black logo on UD Matte Black