Vittoria Rubino Pro G+ Tire
Vittoria has made an impressive commitment to delivering the cutting edge graphene-based G+ Isotech rubber compound technology across their entire range of tires. The Rubino Pro has long been the everyday standard clincher for cyclists who opt for durability and puncture protection over the pure racing characteristics found in the Open Tubular series tires. With the addition of G+ Isotech to the Rubino dual compound rubber, and a newly developed casing, the Rubino Pro G+ tire has less rolling resistance, more puncture protection, and a much better overall ride quality than it's predecessor.
Graphene is a graphite derivative that can be produced in sheets at one carbon atom thickness that is nearly transparent, but has incredible strength for such an ultra-thin material. It is currently being tested for use in numerous and diverse fields, from computer chip design through major construction industries. It is the incredible strength to weight ratio and the impervious nature of such a thin material inspires the engineering world, and for cyclists that means you will be seeing graphene in more than just Vittoria's tires and wheels.In the Rubino Pro G+, Vittoria's three rubber compounds, hugely enhanced by the addition of G+ Isotech, deliver impressive benefits to the cyclist. This technology is incredibly new, so real world experience by every day cyclists is minimal, however if early reports are indicative, everyday durability, protection, and ride quality have been greatly enhanced.
The new 150tpi casing is woven from fine nylon fibers, which keeps the casing supple, but adds more overall structure and better protection, especially at the sidewall. The trade rubber is called 3C, featuring G+ Isotech, and has been applied in a thicker layer than before to add wear resistance and again, enhances protection, as well as massively improving wet surface grip, but with overall low weight.
This Rubino Pro G+ is a marked improvement over the Rubino Pro 3, and will likely become the favorite training and racing clincher of serious sport and intermediate cyclists. These cyclists will be able to train and race, participate in century's, gran fondo's, or other endurance events, without compromise. Graphene is a game changer, and Vittoria is making the rules, so step up to the Rubino Pro G+ to get ahead of the pack.
- All-round clincher tire with excellent grip, protection and durability for everyday riders
- Features 3C rubber with three compounds, including graphene G+ Isotech
- Lightweght, pristene, graphene provides impressive strength, and adds considerable puncture protection, enhances grip with reduced rolling resistance
- 150tpi nylon casing is strong, yet supple with better sidewall protection
- Use with latex or butyl tubes
- Smooth center tread with a directional, wave and diamond shape siping on shoulders
- Pressure range: 100-145psi (700x23, varies by size)
- Color: Black
- Weight: 700x23 225g, 700x25 235g, 700x28 245g