Vittoria Rubino Pro III Tire
The Rubino Pro III is the best choice in a Vittoria tire for high-mileage and durability. This all-conditions tire is an excellent choice for a training, winter and sometimes race tire. While it is a little heavier than than Vittoria's Open Tubular tires, it maintains a smooth ride quality and delivers longer life. The trade-off becomes full-on performance versus durability, lower price, and solid ride characteristics.
The upgraded 150 tpi casing offers good a balance between ride quality and sidewall durability. The dual density, twin tread has softer rubber on the sides and denser rubber down the center to offer the rider rolling speed with lower friction resistance and more grip as you lean into a corner. This tread features the Prisma COM Vector pattern which is designed to work on smooth and rough terrain. It also fairs well in both wet and dry conditions. The PRB 2.0 breaker belt under the tread helps prevent punctures and is supple enough to not adversely affect the ride quality.
The Rubino Pro III has been the tire of choice for many ultra-distance cyclists and has been proven durable and effective in events like RAAM. No, it is not a pure racing tire. Vittoria covers that elsewhere, but if you require a good riding tire with long life, durability, and high quality, it is hard to beat the Rubino Pro.
- Solid mileage and durability clincher tire for all weather conditions
- 150 tpi nylon casing is supple enough for smooth ride and excellent grip
- Aramid Endura dual density rubber compound firmer in center, softer on the edges
- Prisma COM Vector tread pattern for fast rolling, cornering traction
- PRB 2.0 puncture protection belt
- Colors: Black, Red, Blue in 700x23, Black only in 700x25, 28
- Weight: 700x23 225g, 700x25 235g, 700x28 245g