Shimano ST-R8000 Brake Hoods
Looking for genuine replacement hoods for your Ultegra R8000 mechanical shift levers? Shimano's release of the Dura-Ace R9100 series Dual Control levers set a new benchmark for comfort, feel, and control and the Ultegra R8000 followed suit. The body design and lever pivot shape was improved for better ergonomics and reduced lever throw range. Shimano is all about engineering and continual improvement or refinement, so that was no surprise. The feel, texture, fit, and grip all were recognized as being improvement over the well regarded 9000/6800 first generation 11-speed series.
If you ride your bike enough, your hoods will wear. Fortunately these genuine replacements make your R8000 Dual Control levers feel brand new again. The rubber material Shimano is known for has long been effective in wet or dry conditions, but as it wears, it can get a bit slick. The new hood is made with a proprietary blend that offers greater comfort and use in wet or dry, even when worn. The grid-like in-molded pattern offers more grip, with channels for water and moisture release. and the overall effect is that the hood feels more natural in the hand, with better grip.
- One pair, (left-right), replacement hoods for R8000 mechanical Dual Control levers
- Improved, proprietary material increases grip, comfort, and feel
- New textured zone offers some cushion, with grid channels allow moisture release
- Highly specific design- only for R8000 cable actuated shift/brake levers
- Genuine Shimano replacement for premium fit and performance
- Sold only as a Left/Right pair
- Color: Black