Shimano ST-R9120 Brake Hoods
Most cyclists riding the Dura-Ace hydraulic disc brake system are riding over the rough stuff by choice. Conditions and situations often dictate component wear, and the lever hoods are under near-continual use. Shimano's release of the Dura-Ace R9120 Dual Control levers set a new benchmark for comfort, feel, and control in mechanical shift, hydraulic brake design. The body design and lever pivot shape was improved for better ergonomics and reduced lever throw range. Shimano is all about engineering and continual improvement or refinement, so that was no surprise. What was startling was how the new hood material and finish shape became the talk of Dura-Ace fans. The feel, texture, fit, and grip all were recognized as being a huge improvement over the RS685 DA/Ultegra level set-up.
If you ride your bike enough, your hoods will wear. Fortunately these genuine replacements make your R9120 Dual Control levers feel brand new again. The rubber material Shimano is known for has long been effective in wet or dry conditions, but as it wears, it can get a bit slick. The new hood is made with a proprietary blend that offers greater comfort and use in wet or dry, even when worn. The grid-like in-molded pattern offers more grip, with channels for water and moisture release. and the overall effect is that the hood feels more natural in the hand, with better grip. And when banging over the gravel or tearing down a rough country road, control and comfort are everything.
- One pair, (left-right), replacement hoods for R9120 mechanical shift, hydraulic disc brake Dual Control levers
- Improved, proprietary material increases grip, comfort, and feel
- New textured zone offers some cushion, with grid channels allow moisture release
- Highly specific design- only for R9120 levers
- Genuine Shimano replacement for premium fit and performance
- Sold only as a Left/Right pair
- Color: Black