Avid Shorty 6 Brakes Black
The Avid Shorty 6 is a solid, mid-range cantilever brake that borrows on years of history and couples that experience with a more contemporary design. Ideal for cyclocross, touring or adventure bikes that require cantilever brakes, the Shorty 6 is optimized for the cable pull ratio of road brake levers. Simple to install and set-up, this is as reliable a cantilever brake as is available. The stout alloy construction delivers power to the rim, and the hardware is stainless steel for long-term use without corrosion, yet each assembly weighs only 157 grams.
One key to the powerful braking performance- and fork clearance, is the use of a center mount bolt for the pad holders, which employ a simple conical washer adjustment system. Adjusting for height, angle and pad toe-in is handled through a single 5mm hex bolt. The pad holders include standard Shimano/SRAM road cartridge road brake pads, which makes for a wide choice of aftermarket replacement options. The black body is offset by the sharp stainless hardware, making the Shorty 6 look and feel like a much higher-end brake. Each arm features fully adjustable spring tension. If you want reliable stopping power, easy set-up, and good looks at a more than reasonable price, the Avid Shorty 6 is the cantilever brake for you. The calipers are set-up as front and rear specific and include all hardware and Avid integrated straddle cable.
- Solid braking performance, easy set-up from long-running Avid cantilever design
- Cast aluminum arms, stainless steel hardware
- Adjustable pad height, angle and toe-in via a single center pad post bolt and finish nut
- Conical washer system allows for freedom of movement and perfect set-up
- Open design for mud clearance
- Holders use standard Shimano/SRAM road cartridge pads (included)
- Includes Avid integrated straddle cable
- Options: Front, Rear
- Weight: 157 grams