Castelli Squadra Long Jacket
The Squadra Long Jacket is probably the best lightweight packable jacket we sell when you consider value versus protection and convenience offered. For just under fifty dollars, you get a minimalist shell jacket with a few features that simply gets the job done. In this case, the job is adding some unexpected wind or weather protection on spring and summer rides. A minor redesign resulted in a 32 gram savings, bringing the piece down to 108 grams. Again, for under $50.
The anatomic fit of the Squadra fits the body in the cycling position and cuts down and practically eliminates flapping material. Perforated side vents create some air flow and allow for body temp regulation. The long rear panel protects you derriere from wet wheel spray. A rear V-section features active ventilation. Some added reflective piping on this slot adds visibility for some additional safety. The supple, low bulk fabric and easy packability means it stows away nicely in your pocket, making it a great travel partner. There are no excuses now- price, effectiveness, packability. Every cyclists needs a piece like the Squadra Long Jacket.
- Anatomic, semi-tailored fit jacket for essential carry-on protection
- Coated 100% lightweight, flexible polyester fabric
- Excellent windblocking with water resistance for 3-season flexibility
- Longer rear panel for extra coverage
- Rear vented section allows heat to escape
- Simple graphics with reflective piping
- Perforated venting sides release heat , allow some fresh air in
- Undeniable value at this level of protection
- Sizes: Medium, Large, XL, XXL, 3XL
- Colors: White, Black
- Weight: 108 grams