Continental Ultra Sport II Tire
The Ultra Sport has long been Continental's most cost effective tire. Riders have enjoyed flat protection, durability, and the low price. The new Ultra Sport II lives up to it's reputation, but also adds new technology and reduced weight, and we are only carrying it in the folding version.This is the best value in a high technology folding clincher tire that we trust.
The 3 layer, 180 tpi casing provides protection, and delivers a ride quality not seen in tires that cost leas than $30. The casing carries the a new Continental rubber compound, called PureGrip. This silica activated rubber was originally developed purely for competition level tires, but was modified due to it's excellent adherence properties. Made in the company's Asia factory, PureGrip demonstrates qualities that are very close to the esteemed BlackChili compound. Grip and wear are excellent, as is the low rolling resistance and durability. Directional tread wraps the sidewall to assist with cornering and shedding water, but the tire grips regardless.The rubber makes all the difference. The aramid bead keeps this folding tire supple and light.
- Cost effective, durable, and flat resistant folding clincher tire
- Ideal for training, distance, commuting and general purpose
- PureGrip rubber compound delivers excellent grip with a great cornering radius
- 3 ply/180 tpi casing offers flat protection, good ride quality
- Recommended pressures: 23mm 110-120psi, 25mm 95-120psi, 28mm 80-115psi
- Colors: Black, Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Red (colors in 700x25 only)
- Weight: 23mm 240g, 25mm 280g, 28mm 340g