Speedplay X-5 Chromoly Pedals
The Speedplay X-5 gets a big upgrade fom the X-3 with the use of needle bearings instead of bushings for better performance and improved durability.
Innovative design and unrestricted float changed the shape of clipless pedals and continue to prove that user-friendliness, comfort, and improved performance are all attainable in a simple, lightweight package. The unique shape of X pedals provides knee-saving lateral rotation, without the self-centering action inherent in most pedals - your knees don't have to work against spring tension. Their compact, low-profile shape positions your foot closer to the spindle, for optimal power transmission, not to mention the unmatched cornering clearance. And their dual-sided design provides the easiest entry/exit of any clipless pedal. In fact, the X Series is so innovative that it won a Designers Choice Award from ID Magazine, the premier publication in the field of industrial design. Whether you're a pro racer or a first-time clipless pedal user, no pedal is easier to use or offers more performance than the Speedplay X Series.
- Easy dual-sided entry: no kicking it over, no looking down, no fumbling.
- Half the weight of most other clipless systems: 220g
- X cleats per pair - 85g
- Non-centering free float minimizes the potential for knee strain.
- Unbeatable cornering clearance: 35 degrees
- Large contact area, extremely stable cleat-to-shoe connection.
- Compatible with virtually all 3-hole and 4-hole shoe mountings.
- Standard step-in, turn-out entry and release.
- Built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
- True locking mechanism - engagement security is independent of spring tension.
Note: X-Series pedals are not compatible with Speedplay Zero cleats nor are X-Series cleats compatible with Zero pedals.
Excel Sports Boulder is an authorized Speedplay dealer. Avoid defects and seconds. Always purchase from an authorized dealer for full factory support