Shimano XT M8020-D Front Derailleur 2X11
The M8020 series XT Front Derailleurs have been designed to deliver quicker shifts using less effort. Matched with the new M8000 RapidFire Plus trigger shifter, with it's longer levers and better overall action, the combination delivers quick, precise shifts that are easier, but still have a positive response. The aluminum body is lighter and stiffer, while the steel chain plate has been redesigned to best match the new M8000 2x chainrings featured in DynaSys11. It is also compatible with the +3mm Boost chainline.
Each new front derailleur type saw other unique improvements, but this high Direct Mount, Side-swing, Front-pull version was changed to provide better tire and frame clearance. As larger wheel, long-travel trail bikes have evolved, most companies have sought to shorten the chainstay's for a quicker, more responsive rear end. Previous Shimano front derailleurs extended too far into the tire well for this design and the wide, large volume tires trail riders prefer. The new structure and spring design create more space. As a coordinated benefit, cable routing and mounting are now more direct- which improves efficiency and reduces friction right at the crucial leverage points.
Shimano has always offered the best front shifting on the market. Between the chainring designs, chain development, shifter, and front derailleur advances, no competitor comes close. And yet, riders always want it better, faster, cleaner- regardless of conditions, frame, terrain, etc. Working to close those variables, Shimano has made great strides with the M9000 XTR and M8000 XT. We believe the M8000 shifting is the best XT ever offered, and crisper than the previous generation XTR. If you are planning to run a 2x DynaSys11 drivetrain, you will appreciate just how diligently and expertly Shimano works to improve your riding experience.
- High Direct Mount XT Front Derailleur for 2x11 speed drivetrains
- Side Swing design, with Front-pull cable routing
- New body structure with greater wheel/frame clearance and new cable routing
- Forged aluminum body, steel shifting plate/cage
- Shifting action is lighter, quicker, crisper
- Six link bushings
- Easy to access front limit screws use Allen key for adjusting
- Max 10t differential in 2x chainrings (i.e. 38-28 combo)
- Chainline: 48.8mm, *compatible with +3mm outboard crank standard: Boost
- Chain stay angle: 66-69°
- Color: Black, with polished steel chain cage
- Weight: 134 grams