Shimano XTR Ice Tech Disc Rotor RT98 140mm
The RT98 Center Lock Disc Rotor is an XTR level product that offers riders a 140mm size, ideal for rear MTB use use, or for disc road bikes designed for 140mm front and rear. Developed in conjunction with Ice Technologies to manage heat build-up, the RT98 features a sandwich design, with an aluminum core layer to release and prevent heat build-up, covered by polished stainless steel on both sides to provide the durable, wear-enduring braking surface required for firm feel and great stopping power. The rotor ring is riveted to an anodized aluminum spider that adds stiffness and strength at light weight. This cost effective Center Lock 140mm rotor delivers excellent performance at 2/3 the expense of the RT99 IceTech Freeza rotor.
Shimano's Center Lock spline design allows for fast installation and removal, using a lockring and the same tool you use for Shimano cassette lockrings (such as the Park FR-5.2 or Shimano TL-LR15). The alloy lockring is light and provides ideal retention when torqued properly. With the RT98, you get a 140mm XTR-level rotor that works perfectly with Shimano's road disc braking systems.
- Ice Tech "sandwich-style" 3-layer disc rotor diffuses heat for consistent, sure braking
- Polished stainless steel outer faces with aluminum core layer
- Anodized aluminum spider riveted to rotor at six points, stiff, strong
- Center Lock spline interface makes installation, removal fast and simple
- Aluminum lockring uses same notch interface as Shimano cassette, use same tool
- XTR-level rotor recommended for rear-only MTB use, front or rear road use
- Size: 140mm
- Weight: 93 grams (w/o lockring)