Speedplay Zero Pave Stainless Steel Pedals
Speedplay's Zero Pave pedals are based on the hugely popular Zero pedals used by countless professional cycling teams and triathletes and now come with the Walkable cleatset. The Zero Pave was originally developed for Speedplay's professional cycling teams to handle the harsh and unpredictable conditions of the spring classics. Zero Pave pedals have been proven over the years with numerous victories in the world's toughest races including Paris-Roubaix, Tour of Flanders, Gent Wevelgem and Strade Bianche.
The distinctive Zero Pavé pedals feature a metal body with most of Speedplay's traditional Zero shape cut away to form a plus sign shaped pedal. We suggest adding the Zero Pavé pedals to your equipment list if you like or plan to ride on mixed road surfaces such as gravel and cobbles. Zero Pavé are great if you like reliable, high performance in wet and dirty conditions. They are also suggested if you expect to walk on unpaved surfaces.
Zero Pavé pedals retain all the key benefits of the Zero model including dual sided entry so you can just step down and go. Rotational float can be precisely adjusted between zero and 15 degrees with each side independently adjustable for an absolute perfect feel. Pavé cleats can mount to three or four hole shoes with only 8.5mm of stack for 4-hole and 11.5mm of stack for 3-hole. Cornering clearance is exceptional with 37 degrees for stainless in 53mm version. A pair of Stainless Pavé pedals weighs 230 grams and the Titanium comes in at 188 grams a set.
- Minimalist, skeletal pedal design for optimal functionality in extreme conditions
- Walkable cleatset adds protection and makes it safer to walk while being more aero
- All non-essential body material has been shaved away for maximum clearance
- One needle bearing and two cartridge bearings per pedal
- Heat-treated stainless steel body construction for maximum strength and durability
- Stainless model in 53mm axle length offer 39° cornering capability
- Built-in grease-injection port for easy maintenance
- Zero Pavé System includes Zero Edition Pavé Walkable Cleatset
- All the features and benefits of Speedplay Zeros
- Options: 53mm or 65mm axle length
- Hand assembled at Speedplay in San Diego, California
Please Note: Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship Speedplay products outside the United States
AnonymousPosted on 6/22/2015
First impression review - just unpacked the Z-Paves last week. I was. Not sure about moving to Speedplay after many years with Look pedals. It was extremely easy to convert - all motions came naturally. Pedals are a joy to ride - I used the optional walkable aero cleats and those were disappointing off bike. However, when riding..... The combo of these pedals, the cleats and Sidi shoes was nothing short of pure joy. Clipping on either side was a snap, and indeed, there is no space in the design for mud or grime to stick. I love these pedals. Price is higher than typical Zeros, but this is a clear case of getting what you pay for.
Pros Ease of use, can use in bad conditions.
Cons Price may discourage a few