The temperature sits on or above 60°F, you want the core protection and insulation of a vest (gilet) over your short or long sleeve jersey. The 60-72°F range is the province of Assos tiburu series, and the tiburuGiletEquipe is a close fitting, lightly insulating vest that block the air out, and holds some heat in, keeping you well regulated. It packs up so compactly you there is no excuse not to carry it with you or start out when a shell jacket is just too much. This is a Spring/Fall piece, but as anyone who rides in the mountains knows, the tiburuGiletEquipe can be a true 3-season value.
The front panels of the vest feature the Assos TwinDeck fabric, a lightweight insulating fabric with a high density and extremely low loft. It blocks out enough oncoming air and traps heat to the chest and upper core. Assos manages fit and breathability over the shoulder their Sens Tex fabric. The matte-finished elastic shoulder inserts increase freedom of movement and ventilation. The rest of the piece is made with the high stretch, soft RXQ material. This high-stretch, open-knit fleece fabric that helps create a breathable and fast-drying microclimate, so excess heat and moisture is released quickly as your effort level increases. The easy to use, utterly reliable camlock zipper has a garage up top to protect your neck when fully zipped. Light elastic, raw edge finishes on the shoulder caps causes the vest to nearly disappear in to your jersey. No billowing or folding over allowed.
The incredibly conforming, compressive fit of the tiburuGiletEquipe not only supports your core muscles, but also carries a pro-style pocket structure, which is held perfectly in place by Assos signature rear stabilizer panel and the impressive fit. Feel free to stuff the pockets without worry, as these won't droop no matter the load. Reflective piping brings visibility. If you are expecting a traditional vest, this is not a piece for you. This is a true cyclist's performance vest with the fit and features required for optimal use when you are pushing yourself to the limit.
- tiburu-series close fitting pure cycling vest, block air, holds heat, breathes
- Optimal for use with SS or LS jersey in 60-72°F temperatures
- A.E.P.D. advanced ergonomic fit and design, with compression
- Front panels from TwinDeck Foil Technology, double layer fleece fabric that draws moisture away from the skin, has excellent stretch
- RXQ is an insulating, microfiber fabric with a two-way stretch that actively wicks away moisture, is soft on the skin or inner layer
- Sens Tex fabric in the Matte-finished elastic shoulder inserts increases freedom of movement and ventilation
- Rear stabilizer made from 2-way stretch material with minimal vertical travel, to stabilize and support high capacity pockets that won’t sag
- Taped front seams prevent water infiltration
- Full camlock zipper with top neck protection
- Reflective piping for safety
- Materials: 78% Polypropylene, 22% Elastane.
- Sizes: XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL, XLG
- Color: Blackseries
- Weight: 188 grams (Medium)