If hardpack gravel riding is your game, and a combination of speed, cornering control and overall protection matches your needs, Maxxis offers the 60 TPI SilkShield TR level Rambler tire. Designed for gravel and adventure, as well as the smooth pavement that takes you there, the Rambler tread design draws directly from the deep experience Maxxis has in mountain and cyclocross tire development.
The multitude of tightly spaced, ramped center knobs allows you to roll fast, but with sure hold on pavement or dry, hardened dirt or gravel roads. You get some alternating knobs with space as you move to the shoulder, that transition to greater spaced, prominent, and slightly softer edge knobs that deliver impressive hook-up and grip when you need it. The dual compound rubber is perfectly matched, offering durability and reduced rolling resistance without sacrificing either. What Maxxis truly nails is the proper radius of the high volume tire and the transition from center to edge, which feels natural and predictable.
With the flexible Maxxis SilkShield bead-to-bead belt puncture resistance is highly effective, with the added advantage over the the EXO version of substantial sidewall abrasion protection. Anyone who has ridden gravel and mountain EXO series tires by Maxxis knows the value and capability of EXO tires, but the SilkShield appeals to a different user. Both casing/protection systems are matched with a Tubeless Ready carbon bead design that fits snugly and seals well with most TR rims and ammonia-free sealant. The Rambler SilkShield Tubeless tire is the ideal option for the everyday gravel rider who tackles hardpack and loose materials over hardpack surfaces. It is also a great option for epic events where flatting on rough sections can be a matter of a sidewall puncture or tear from relentless rock, but where you also need speed and control on faster terrain to shorten the dayReturn to Top
- Gravel-specific tire design for hardpack, loose over hardpack conditions
- Protective fast-rolling tire that corners well, suited for everyday training and epic rides or events where puncture and abrasion resistance matters more than the lightest weight
- Dual compound rubber for speed, low resistance, with grip and feel
- Tightly packed center knobs are ramped for rolling efficiency on hardpack surfaces
- Spaced-out side knobs provide predictable cornering in varied terrain
- Volume is true to size or slightly less depending on rim width
- Supportive but flexible SilkShield backed 60 TPI casing
- SilkShield offers bead-to-bead protection with a supple woven fiber barrier
- Tubeless Ready carbon bead seals up effectively
- Max pressure: 60psi
- Sizes: 700x45
- Color: Black
- Weight: 586 grams (actual 45mm)