Michelin Power Road TS TLR Tire
Though the requirements for building a Tubeless Ready are different than a clincher or tubular, the end goals are much the same, with the added benefits of tubeless use. For decades tire Grip and feel have driven the popularity of Michelin road tires, and there is no reason traditional Michelin riders who have been trying or considering Tubeless Ready set-ups won't love the Power Road TS TLR Tire. The differing construction process can be achieved without compromising the feel riders love, but the flat-related benefits are real. The rubber compound has also advanced, and now you get better longevity along improved low rolling resistance from slightly lower pressures, and essential grip and cornering safety the previous generations have been known for.
Given Michelin's vast overall experience with tire design and compound development including Tubeless specific requirements, the progress towards the Power Road TS TLR has been steady. By working with a supple 4 ply, 120 TPI casing that allows the tire to deform while conforming to the road surfaces, especially at cornering angles, the feel is more than taken care of. The combined woven material offers some puncture resistance as well. Amplifying the minor protection of the casing and the rubber, the use of Tubeless sealant, which should be used at install for best results, also will seal small punctures quickly with little air loss. There are also numerous road compatible Tubeless tire repair kits that can be used to plug large holes if needed.
The tread rubber is rated in two ways- for Grip and Tread design. This is a Competition level tire, with a standard race grip, and a long directional inverted tread pattern that adds cornering hold and some water displacement. The compound itself, which has delivered the improved rolling resistance, grip and wear Michelin's X-Race Compound, which strikes the best balance of the desired characteristics making it a great option for the evolution from the Pro Race series tires to the Power Competition models. Michelin doesn't offer any other details on the compound itself, and it doesn't feel as soft to the touch as the rubber that once graced the Pro Race 4, but also isn't as firm as used in the previous Power road clinchers. it offers an inherent stickiness and grip but has a great ride feel and gives most competitive riders a little more feedback without being harsh. This alchemy is what builds the confidence required for high speed corners with riders all around, or on long challenging descents where braking too much is actually a bad idea. Michelin has also defined the compound and tread thickness for the forces and reactions of disc braking
Finally, Michelin has also worked over the years to deliver accurate tire width/volume measurements, so within 5psi of the max recommended pressure, you should get a spot-on physical measurement to the tire size on appropriate width rims as set by the ETRTO standards organization, which is just as crucial for tubeless use as clincher tires. The Michelin TLR tires can be run with a tube if necessary so long as you don't exceed the max pressure rating.
- High quality, high performing Tubeless Ready road bike tire ready for competition and fast training
- TLR and disc brake evolution of a hugely popular tire series, with real gains in every characteristic
- More rolling efficiency with lower TLR pressures and rubber compound improve your performance and overall efficiency
- TLR casing features 4 ply 120 TPI woven material that is supple, strong, and stable
- X-Race Compound that combines rolling resistance, grip and wear to improve tire longevity
- Disc Brake Ready tech allows tire to withstand braking forces/loads of disc brakes thanks to a specially adapted rubber
- Air Proof- fitted with sealant, makes the tire Tubeless compatible at higher road pressures
- Grip Design ensures safety on the angle (cornering)
- Long, lightly inverted directional tread adds some water displacement and shoulder grip
- Folding tubeless bead offers flexible installation, excellent engagement for proper fit
- Size | Weight | Pressure range
- 700x25 | 275g | 73-116 psi
- 700x28 | 305g | 73-116 psi
- 700x32 | 350g | 73-116 psi
- Color: Black