NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost
NiterRider keeps pumping out the Lumens at sub $1 per Lumen pricing. The Lumina 1200 Boost delivers a serious max lighting option for under $100. The Lumina series represented a new style of compact, powerful and efficient integrated bicycle headlights and NiteRider has fleshed out the series with incredible options, great value and all the NiteRider standards that have made the company the best known in bicycle lighting. The sleek profile and compact design gives the Lumina stealth-like properties, and the lamp and clamp weights only 172 grams. The integrated lighting unit unclips quickly from the new strap style handlebar mount- which now works with handlebars diameters up to 35mm. The big news with the Lumina 1200 Boost is the Boost feature. After carefully considering how riders use their lights, an emphasis was made in mid-range brightness lighting modes, where the combinations of run times and brightness converge. But what about when you need max lighting quickly, if only for a short time- simple, as from any mode you can quickly push the power button twice to Boost right up to 1200 Lumens, then you can go back to the previous mode with the same action.
Your 60 minute total of max Boost time encourages you to use it smartly and keeps the bulk of your lighting time more efficient, as you rarely need full brightness. The three other steady run modes feature ideal brightness levels and run times. You also get Walking and two Daylight Flash modes for a total of 7 modes. The reflector and lens are engineered to give you a great penetrating spot beam, as well as generous ambient flood. The combination delivers the best of both worlds, whether using the handlebar mount or the optional helmet mount (sold separately). The distinctive styling of the Lumina is due to the aluminum housing that diffuses heat build up over the greatest possible area, so it is never too hot to touch. The rest of the casing is a lightweight composite plastic that is durable. The Lumina 1200 Boost meets FL1 standards for Lumen output, battery charge, and IP64 for water resistance.
Using its Intellichoice charging system, the USB charging time is only 3 hours at 1A charging amps, or 6 hours at .5A charging amps. Quality is top notch, and NiteRider has been making lights in the US for well over twenty years. No other lighting company has NiteRider's pedigree, and the Lumina 1200 Boost delivers great lighting options with a high max for the money.
- 1200 Lumen LED headlight, with quick access Boost mode for max brightness
- Ideal for long commutes, road or trail rides, or all around activity
- USB rechargeable, internal 3.7v (3.4A/h) Li-Ion battery; low battery indicator
- Boost Mode, double click power button to unleash maximum LED output
- Intellichoice charging via USB cable: 3 hrs at 1A, 6 hrs at .5A
- 7 Lighting Modes (by Lumens produced):
- 1200 (Boost): 1hr min run time
- 1000: 1.5 hrs run time
- 550: 3 hrs run time
- 275: 6 hrs run time
- 75: 18 hrs run time (Walking mode)
- DVF Fast Flash: 6.5 hrs run time (Daylight)
- DVF Pulse Flash: 10 hrs run time (Daylight)
- Use lock mode by holding button for 7 seconds, no accidental use when stored
- FL1 Standard IP64, water resistant
- Strap-style handlebar mount with QR tab fits up to 35mm
- Helmet mount compatible (sold separately)
- USB charging cable included
- Weight: 172 grams