Looking for a great deal on an awesome front and rear light combo? NiteRider packages two their best lighting values and best sellers in one item to make shopping for lights easier. You also save a few bucks in the process, so this Lumina 1200 Boost/Solas 250 Combo is a win-win!
The Lumina series represented a new style of compact, powerful and efficient integrated bicycle headlights and the 1200 Boost is a premium high output head light. The sleek profile and compact design gives the Lumina stealth-like properties, and the lamp and clamp weights only 172 grams. The integrated lighting unit unclips quickly from the new strap style handlebar mount- which now works with handlebars diameters up to 35mm. The big news with the Lumina 1200 Boost is the Boost feature. After carefully considering how riders use their lights, an emphasis was made in mid-range brightness lighting modes, where the combinations of run times and brightness converge. But what about when you need max lighting quickly, if only for a short time- simple, as from any mode you can quickly push the power button twice to Boost right up to 1200 Lumens, then you can go back to the previous mode with the same action.
Your 60 minute total of max Boost time encourages you to use it smartly and keeps the bulk of your lighting time more efficient, as you rarely need full brightness. The three other steady run modes feature ideal brightness levels and run times. You also get Walking and two Daylight Flash modes for a total of 7 modes. The Collimator reflector and lens are engineered to give you a great penetrating spot beam, as well as generous, even ambient flood. The combination delivers the best of both worlds, whether using the handlebar mount or the optional helmet mount (sold separately). The distinctive styling of the Lumina is due to the aluminum housing that diffuses heat build up over the greatest possible area, so it is never too hot to touch. The rest of the casing is a lightweight composite plastic that is durable. The Lumina 1200 Boost meets FL1 standards for Lumen output, battery charge, and IP64 for water resistance.
Using its Intellichoice charging system, the USB charging time is only 3 hours at 1A charging amps, or 6 hours at .5A charging amps. Quality is top notch, and NiteRider has been making lights in the US for well over twenty years. No other lighting company has NiteRider's pedigree, and the Lumina 1200 Boost delivers great lighting options with a high max for the money.
Lumina 1200 Boost Details
- 1200 Lumen LED headlight, with quick access Boost mode for max brightness
- Ideal for long commutes, road or trail rides, or all around activity
- USB rechargeable, internal 3.7v (3.4A/h) Li-Ion battery; low battery indicator
- Boost Mode, double click power button to unleash maximum LED output
- Intellichoice charging via USB cable: 3 hrs at 1A, 6 hrs at .5A
- 7 Lighting Modes (by Lumens produced):
- 1200 (Boost): 1hr min run time
- 1000: 1.5 hrs run time
- 550: 3 hrs run time
- 275: 6 hrs run time
- 75: 18 hrs run time (Walking mode)
- DVF Fast Flash: 6.5 hrs run time (Daylight)
- DVF Pulse Flash: 10 hrs run time (Daylight)
- Use lock mode by holding button for 7 seconds, no accidental use when stored
- FL1 Standard IP64, water resistant
- Strap-style handlebar mount with QR tab fits up to 35mm
- Helmet mount compatible (sold separately)
- USB charging cable included
- Weight: 172 grams
NiteRider's taillights hit a broad user spectrum, featuring lights from the most basic purpose to the most intense.At just under $40, the Solas 250 is closer to higher intensity activity, but with features making it very friendly for all user levels. The 82 gram (light and mount) Solas 250 max taillight has a powerful LED bulb and reflector system that has a 250 Lumen max power and features 4 run modes- 2 steady/2 flash, which includes a Daylight Visible Flash (DVF) mode now considered a crucial feature. A Group Ride mode allows you to ride safely with a light without annoying following riders.
The USB rechargeable Li-Po battery has a 4 hour recharge time and delivers 250 Lumens for 7.5 hours in the high steady mode, with 40 hours at 25 Lumens in the low steady mode. Fast flash mode runs at full power for 6.5 hours while the super bright Pulse flash is rated at 4.5 hours. The flexible seatpost clamp is quick and easy to use, without damaging any post. You also get an integrated clip on the light housing which allows to clip it to a belt, loop tab, or pack strap and a battery level indicator when you press and hold the power/mode button. The Solas 100 is a solid and versatile USB rechargeable taillight with all the features most cyclists require.
Solas 250 Details
- 250 Lumen max LED seatpost mounted taillight with belt/bag clip option
- USB rechargeable, internal Li-Po battery w/ 4 hour charging time, sealing access port
- 4 Modes- Steady High & Low, Fast Flash and Pulse Flash
- High Steady- 7.5 hrs run time at 250 Lumens
- Low Steady- 40 hrs run time at 25 Lumens
- Fast flash- 6.5 hrs
- Pulse flash- 4.5 hrs
- Meets FL1 standards for Lumen output, run times, IP64 water resistance rating
- Rubber seatpost mount, USB cable included, light has integrated belt/bag/strap clip
- Weight: 82 grams