NiteRider Lumina OLED 1200 Boost
The power of the Lumina 1200 Boost light and the operational and interaction excellence of the Niterider OLED multi-functional digital display screen is a great pairing. The Lumina series represented a new style of compact, powerful and efficient integrated bicycle headlights and Niterider has fleshed out the series with incredible options, great value and all the Niterider standards that have made the company the best known in bicycle lighting. The sleek profile and compact design gives the Lumina stealth-like properties, and the lamp and clamp weights only 172 grams. The integrated lighting unit unclips quickly from the new strap style handlebar mount- which now works with handlebars diameters up to 35mm.
Niterider applies OLED (organic LED) technology to to add an easily usable viewing screen that accurately monitors and shows battery life. This is a exceptional upgrade and essential for riders who push the limits of battery power. The OLED screen will show you not only how much battery power you have remaining, but how much time in various run modes you have available, allowing you to preserve power by selecting the proper amount of light for you needs at a given time. The use of a viewing screen could be seen as a battery drain in and of itself, which is why Niterider selected Organic LED technology. OLED draws much less power than even a highly efficient LED. The system features a small but easily viewed screen with OLED backlit characters, a power/mode button, and two buttons- page and enter that allow you to view and select. The backlit buttons are soft touch, and have enough distance between them for gloved fingers.
After carefully considering how riders use their lights, it became clear that Niterider's emphasis should be in mid-range brightness lighting modes, where the combinations of run times and brightness converge. But what about when you need max lighting quickly, if only for a short time? Simple, as from any mode you can quickly push the power button twice to Boost right up to 1200 Lumens, then you can go back to the previous mode with the same action. Your 60 minute total of max Boost time encourages you to it smartly and keeps the bulk of your lighting time more efficient, as you rarely need full brightness. With the Lumina OLED 1200 Boost Niterider offers you nine use modes: five constant, and four Daylight Flash modes to choose from. The reflector and lens are engineered to give you a great penetrating spot beam, as well as generous ambient flood. The combination delivers the best of both worlds, whether using the handlebar mount or the optional helmet mount (sold separately). The distinctive styling of the Lumina is due to the aluminum housing that diffuses heat build up over the greatest possible area, so it is never too hot to touch. The rest of the casing is a lightweight composite plastic that is durable. The Lumina OLED 1200 Boost meets FL1 standards for Lumen output, battery charge, and IP64 for water resistance.
Using its Intellichoice charging system, the USB charging time is only 3 hours at 1A charging amps, or 6 hours at .5A charging amps. Quality is top notch, and Niterider has been making lights in the US for well over twenty years. No other lighting company has Niterider's pedigree, and the Lumina OLED 1200 Boost delivers great lighting options with a high max for the money.
- 1200 Lumen LED headlight, quick access Boost mode, highly efficient OLED multi-functional digital display screen, CREE™ LED at 6000k
- Ideal for long commutes, road or trail rides, or all around activity
- USB rechargeable, internal 3.7v (3.4A/h) Li-Ion battery; low battery indicator
- OLED multi-functional digital display screen draws little power, enhances interaction with precise battery power remaining in each mode
- New Collimator Lens distributes a generous, even brightness, widespread beam
- Boost Mode, double click power button to unleash maximum LED output
- Intellichoice charging via USB cable: 3hrs at 1A, 6 hrs at .5A
- 9 Lighting Modes (constant modes listed by Lumens produced)
- 1200 (Boost): 1hr min run time
- 1000: 1.5 hrs run time
- 550: 3 hrs run time
- 275: 6 hrs run time
- 75: 18 hrs run time (Walking mode)
- DVF Fast Flash: 6.5 hrs run time
- DVF Pulse Flash: 10 hrs run time
- DVF Slow Flash: 18 hrs run time
- DVF SOS Flash: 18 hrs run time
- Use lock mode by holding button for 7 seconds, no accidental use when stored
- FL1 Standard IP64, water resistant
- Strap-style handlebar mount with QR tab fits up to 35mm
- Helmet mount compatible (sold separately)
- USB charging cable included
- Weight: 172 grams