Oakley EVZero Path
Cyclists and triathletes can rejoice! The original Zeroes quickly became the favorites of time trialists and triathletes who are largely locked into a very aggressive riding position. The lightweight, full visibility Zero increased safety and rider comfort. The current EV Zero refines the overall shape and concept, and in this Path variant the toric shield has the perfect angle and shape for cycling or endurance activities. The lens height is 50mm, and you have more wrap at the bottom of the lens. You get a great selection for lens styles and colors to complement the exceptional optical clarity you'd expect from Oakley's proven Plutonite®material lens.
Start with the frame. The EV Zero is essentially a pair of arms with hinged ends that clip directly onto a shield lens. Oakley's time-tested durable and lightweight O Matter™ stress-resistant frame material is ideal for all-day comfort and protection. A principle concept behind Oakley's sport glasses is the Three-Point Fit system, which serves to use the ears and nose for frame contact without creating pressure points. To achieve this with the frame and lens design, proprietary Unobtainium® earsocks and nosepads increase grip with perspiration for a no slip grip. As you sweat, the grip gets more effective, and with the lightweight EV Zero Path, you may not even know you are wearing them. These technologies and materials have helped Oakley provide the top sport eyewear available today. The earsocks and nose piece are replaceable, and the EV Zero Path includes two nose pieces so you can customize fit for your nose bridge shape.
Where Oakley truly has dominated sport eyewear is with their lens development. Plutonite® lenses are lightweight, yet are durable and optically pure- meaning the material and shape cause no distortion. Plutonite® has been engineered to filter out 100% of all UV rays, ensuring eye health. The lenses are also safety rated by the NSI for high mass and high impact protection, two tests that no one would ever volunteer for. Strength and safety are assured, allowing Oakley to focus on the most important aspect: optics. The company developed HDO® (High Definition Optics) to deliver the clearest, sharpest, most accurate vision without distortion or false magnification. This result is achieved through substantial testing and across the full field of the lens, at any curvature or shape. It is this excellence that has allowed Oakley to produce maximal optics in any lens, but particularly in a wrapped, shield-style lens that offers incredible field of view, wind protection, and safety.
PRIZM is a lens technology that Oakley developed to bridge the gap between fully polarized lenses and standard HDO versions, yet PRIZM really offers exceptional variations in shade and clarity that Oakley has been able to seriously refine the variable light transmission (VLT%) ranges with greater specificity for types of use and conditions. The increased definition between colors and objects is stunning. With most bike computers and head unit screen types, you will still be able to see the screen output, but you get better glare protection at the same time. PRIZM is now offered in many variants, but Road, Trail, Pitch, and Field have all been popular with cyclists.
Any 22 gram sunglass would be impressive, but when you factor in Oakley's overall quality, exceptional lenses, PRIZM technology and durable frames, as well as full UV and safety protection, impressive seems well, normal. And that is because for Oakley, these are essentially standard features. Excellence is normal, but not minimized. The EV Zero Path will become the new top seller for cyclists, runners and triathletes because of the pure functionality and optics. Don't forget that Oakley support their lenses, ear socks and nose pieces for years, so you are investing in the here and now, but also in years of performance from your eyewear, which allows you to safely and effectively improve your own performance.
- Built for speed, engineered as the ultimate multi-sport sunglass for cycling, running
- Extended View Zero Path frame/lens design, excellent for endurance activities
- O Matter™ stress-resistant frame is lightweight and durable for comfort/protection
- Three-Point Fit holds lenses in precise optical alignment, eliminates pressure points
- Unobtainium® earsocks and nosepads increase grip when wet for a no slip grip
- Plutonite® lenses offer top UV Protection filtering 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- HDO® (High Definition Optics) to deliver the clearest, sharpest, most accurate vision without distortion, while passing NSI safety rating
- Lens can be changed out for other EV Zero options
- PRIZM lens enhances color, contrast; offers many gradient variations
- PRIZM lens technology available with some frame colors, also sold as lens options
- Lens/frame dimensions: Width:138mm, Height: 50mm / Temple length: 125mm
- Lens option VLT: PRIZM Low Light 75%
- Frame/Lens: Polished White/ PRIZM Low Light, Polished Black / PRIZM Road
- Weight: 22 grams