Oakley Sutro S
A scaled down version of the popular Sutro sunglass, Sutro S redefines the look of traditional sports-performance eyewear. Inspired by the daily life of urban cyclists, the high-wrap shield creates a bold, versatile look, protects from the elements and enhances vision with Prizm™ lens technology, while inspiring athletes to move confidently and seamlessly through their day
With Oakley you get a shopping list of technologies that combine to deliver the performance, style, fit, and protection each model is designed for. With the Sutro S, the frame is made with their lightweight, flexible O-Matter™ composite material. The new adjustable Sport replaceable nosepad features Unobtanium™, which increases grip, wet or dry, to help keep your eyewear securely in place without sacrificing comfort, even without the normal ear socks. For the Sutro, the massive shield lens of Plutonite™ is used for a fashion-forward style that offers safety, protection and coverage.
Which leaves the optics. So much has been written, said and awarded. The standard HDO (High Definition Optics) lens optics system offer full spectrum UV protection, de-centering across the full shape and curve of the lens, remarkable clarity and color definition across the various shade colors and Visible Light Transmission (VLT) ratings. Of course Oakley also delivers HDO in several special lens variants such as Iridium, Polarized, PRIZM, and PRIZM Polarized. Polarized lenses ensure superior glare protection. PRIZM is more refined as these lenses that are designed to further enhance color, contrast and detail, and come in a range of color hues/VLT options depending on the requirements of use. Excel Sports primarily stocks the PRIZM Road lens, which is excellent for most road cycling conditions, with an increased contrast, 20% VLT, and Rose base color optimal for Medium light, with range on both sides of that value. We also offer other select PRIZM options.
All of the Sutro models feature a PRIZM lens, but please be aware this model does not have an interchangeable lens system, though the nosepad is available. No other cycling eyewear offers the same level of lens viewing area, and the cylindrical shape adds considerable peripheral coverage as well. The and Sutro and Sutro S have gained traction in the pro peloton as well as on the street, so get yours before everyone has them!
- Scaled down version of the Sutro sunglasses; excellent for cycling with wrap and coverage
- Fashion and Sport combine as part of Latitude Collection for small to medium faces
- Lightweight, with excellent protection and premium optics
- O-Matter arm frames with alloy supports, Unobtanium adjustable Sport nosepiece
- Fixed Plutonite HDO lens w/full lens optics, impact protection, clarity, color definition
- Sutro cylindrical lens with massive coverage, even peripherally
- Featuring PRIZM lenses that further enhance color, contrast and detail
- Helmet friendly dropped and tapered arm design
- Specially-woven electrostatic, handwashable Microclear™ bag for cleaning/storage
- Sutro S options: Polished Black/PRIZM Road (20% VLT), Matte Black/PRIZM Road (20% VLT), Matte White/PRIZM Road (20% VLT), Matte Black /PRIZM Trail Torch (35% VLT)
- Weight: 29 grams
- Designed and Assembled in the USA