If you are considering this Officine Mattio SL Campagnolo Super Record EPS Bicycle, then you likely equate cycling with love and joy. Cycling has long been a sport and lifestyle defined by such passion. Despite the worldwide desire for the utility and value of the bicycle, nowhere has bike racing been better exemplified than Italy. Many of the famed frame makers and component companies that have defined the expertise and style of the cycling world have been founded there, and either directly delivered the best bikes to the sport, or inspired others to do so. Officine Mattio is a newer entrant to this tradition, but this dedicated group of Cuneo-based cycling experts and enthusiasts has quickly built their capacity and facilities to make the nameplate known and respected for their skillful and personal locally handcrafted creations, incredible attention to every aspect, and true passion for the minute and personal details of bike development that more than live up to the cherished pride of "Made In Italy".
Developed, built, tested, and handmade in Italy, the OM SL Disc frameset personifies attention to detail and every frame offers some unique visuals and ride characteristics. One can see the hand-laid carbon fiber in detail, and the amazing finishing quality. A combination of high modulus and standard grade modulus carbon is used with directionality and resin specifics tied to engineering principles and requirements, in a 1K weave and unidirectional T1100 versions for both the internal and outer layering processes to find the proper balance of locational stiffness, compliance, and responsiveness. The same can be said for the tube-shapes themselves, with the toptube in a slightly conical shape optimized for torque resistance and compliance, a round downtube developed for overall front to rear cohesiveness and reduced deflection under load, and and asymmetrical rear lower configuration that manages the offset load of a right side drivetrain and rear non-drive disc braking for frame stability, power transfer, and superior handling with proper tracking.
OM not only makes the frame and fork, but also the carbon braze-on style front derailleur clamp. The super light concept also includes OM produced seatpost clamp, cage boss bolts and aluminum thru-axles that have been machined to be as lightweight as possible without compromising strength. As a handbuilt product, every SL frameset has a slightly different appearance and while Officine Mattio is largely a custom company that builds bikes as ordered, a stock line-up allows for some immediately available SL's featuring classical race characteristics and angles; making purchasing simpler and more accessible.
The design team employs research and development that utilizes cutting edge technologies and material knowledge. This process not only completely informs and directs the manual construction process, but also ensures engineered safety and overall quality. Eight categories of characteristics are analyzed. For example, the SL Disc was designed for lightweight climbing and descending performance, impeccable handling, ride quality, comfort, and elegant design. On their scale, each of these attain a 90-100% grade, while pure sprint acceleration and aerodynamics sit from 75-80%. This exactly what you'd expect from a 690 gram frame and 350 gram fork with a classic race geometry. Yet you find proven, contemporary features, such as a tapered 1⅛ - 1½ headtube/fork steerer system with a half-round steerer for internal routing from compatible stems, internal cable routing and sleeves for hydraulic lines and electronic shifting, EVO386 PF bottom bracket shell, Flat Mount disc standards, and 12/100mm fork - 12/142mm rear thru-axle dropouts.
Gracing this Italian beauty is a 12-speed Campagnolo Super Record EPS / Disc Brake groupset, Deda Elementi cockpit components, Officine Mattio Quaranta CS (CeramicSpeed bearings) disc brake wheelset, Pirelli PZero Race tires, and Selle Italia SLR Boost Kit Carbonio Saddle. OM adds carbon cages and a pair of bottles for good measure. For many cyclists, the bike that best suits their riding style, choices, and preferences is the ideal option, but others also consider the design and aesthetic, pedigree, and an emotional connection they develop when they first lay their eyes on a new complete build. The Officine Mattio aficionado embraces all of the above, but is perhaps drawn in most by the emotional connection. This is a visceral response, and for such a person, cycling is the pursuit of passion- so what could be better than a bike designed, built, and ridden by those who embrace the same values? The Officine Mattio SL Campagnolo Super Record EPS Bicycle may not be right for every rider, but we believe you will quickly know if it is the right one for you.Return to Top
- Impeccably built premium road bike with wireless shifting and hydraulic disc braking for the serious cyclist with a passion for Italian design, technology, components, and aesthetics
- Made in Italy hand built lightweight disc road frameset created with an incredible attention to detail
- Nude areas of frameset show detailed use & applications of 1K weave and UD carbon fiber
- Frameset has been developed for optimal climbing/descending, premium handling, ride quality and compliance, with less emphasis on aerodynamics and maximum power transfer
- Tube shapes and junctions reflect the optimized development in shape and carbon lay-up
- Front derailleur braze-on clamp made by OM from carbon fiber
- OM-made thru-axles and dropouts machined for optimal strength and lightweight; same with bottle cage bolts
- Max tire clearance: 35mm
- Frame: SL Disc Road, full hand-laid 1K/UD/T1100g carbon fiber types in high and standard modulus, Flat Mount Disc, 12/142mm TA dropout w/ replaceable hanger, Braze-on type carbon FD clamp, carbon seatpost collar clamp, 27.2mm ID seattube, full internal routing for all electronic systems/hydraulic hose
- Fork OM F1 Carbon Disc, Round half-shape, tapered steerer w/proper insert for internal routing, Flat Mount Disc, 12/100mm TA dropout, internal hydraulic brake hose routing in left leg
- Groupset: Campagnolo Super Record 12s EPS / Disc Brake
- Shift/Brake levers: Ergopower SR12 EPS, for hydraulic disc brakes
- Derailleurs: SR12 EPS Braze-on Front, SR12 EPS Rear (11-32T max cassette)
- EPS internal seattube battery, wiring, junction, charger
- Brakes: SR12 hydraulic disc calipers, Flat Mount, 160mm F, 140mm R Campagnolo disc rotors
- Crankset/BB: SR12 UT Carbon 50-34T / Campagnolo UT BB PF cups for BB386
- Cassette/Chain: SR12 11-32T / Record 12s chain
- Wheelset: Officine Mattio Quaranta CS Disc; Carbon rim w/ 38mm profile, 19mm IRW, 24mm ERW; Tubeless Ready; OM machined disc hubset, CeramicSpeed bearings, C11-12 freehub, steel straightpull spokes, 24h F/R 2x/2x; 1487 grams
- Tires: Pirelli PZero Race 700x26
- Cockpit: OM 31.7mm Carbon Handlebar, Deda Elementi Superleggero RS Stem 31.7mm, Deda Elementi Superleggero Carbon Seatpost, 27.2/350mm/25mm SB; Selle Italia SLR Boost Superflow Kit Carbonio, OM Bar Tape
- Additional: Officine Mattio Carbon Cages (2), OM Water Bottles (2)
- Sizes offered: 52, 54, 56 cm (contact us for Special Order ETA if not listed in selection menu)
- Color: Black/Nude
- Weight: 15.52lbs (54cm w/ cages and fully charged battery)
|Top Tube Length||510mm||520mm||537mm||545mm||560mm||576mm||590mm|
|Head Tube Length||111mm||117mm||125mm||143mm||159mm||181mm||200mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||75mm||74mm||72mm||70mm||69mm||67mm||67mm|