Osprey Raptor 10 Hydration Pack
After a successful run as a highly capable, low volume, best selling mountain bike hydration pack, the Osprey Raptor 10 has evolved and been revised with new fit, stability and comfort features for an even more secure and balanced body-hugging position on the most technical trails. The hydration aspect has been updated as well with the 2.5 liter Hydrapak-built Osprey Hydraulics LT reservoir system, but while making slight improvements the team at Osprey kept all the great features that made the previous generation Raptor 10 ubiquitous on the trails.
The crucial details of the Raptor 10 are exactly as you'd expect. Osprey's great LidLock feature continues to be the best design for easily and quickly securing your helmet when not riding. The sleek shape and relatively low 10L storage volume hide the smart pocket organization and access. The zippered stretch hipbelt pockets are ideal for small items you want secure, yet accessible. The rider favorite, detached mini tool roll allows you to keep your tools available, with freedom to use from the ground or whatever surface you find. The dedicated scratch-free, heat-embossed zippered slash pocket for glasses, etc is always appreciated and used. Extra storage is had externally from the stretch mesh pocket that is great for a layer or rain shell. These are Osprey standards, all expertly executed, and expected by fans of the brand.
The redesign of the Raptor 10 brings a new sculpted, form-fitting AirScape backpanel and bike-specific shape harness set-up. Start with the backpanel. Utilizing mesh-covered, extra deep ridged foam allows maximum ventilation yet keeps the load close to the body for greater stability and control. The system actually channels heat and moisture away from the body and the pack. Load support comes from the use of an Atilon foam framesheet that allows for dynamic body movement and distributes load across entire backpanel, again, keeping you in control of the load, naturally- without stress or awkward weighting. Of course this control is then ensured in two ways. First is the BioStretch harness, which Osprey engineered for their bike specific packs with winged shoulder strap shapes that contour the upper back and shoulder, providing superior comfort and stability while featuring soft breathable spacermesh contact surfaces and die-cut foam ventilation to prevent chafing, keep you cool and dry, and assist in load weight distribution. The last piece is the Airmesh wrap hipbelt, a lightweight and supportive, non-irritating design that provides low point stability while still delivering breathability.
Finally, you have the Hydrapak created Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5L reservoir. This sleek, smart, and easy to use reservoir and tube system keeps you hydrated all day long and stores in a dedicated hydration compartment with direct-zip access, the ability to quickly switch tube routing side to side, and features a quick connect system for manageability. The magnetic bite valve affixes quickly to the sternum strap for fast access and control of the tube end. The bite valve itself now has a 45 degree fitting that encourages a better tube angle and places less stress on the tube itself while making it quicker to the hand on rough terrain. The reservoir itself is a top opening design with a clip lock that doubles as a hook hanger. While the previous Hydraulics system was quite good, the features on this version are real improvements across the board. All parts are BPA-free, phthalate-free, lead-free, guaranteed. All materials are certified food safe according to FDA and EU regulations.
Lightweight, well equipped, durable, and easy to interact and ride with, this updated Osprey Raptor 10 Hydration Pack is sure to be a top choice for trail riders who love 1-3 hour adventures that require their full attention on the trial ahead. Pack it up, secure the best fit, and rip it up knowing you won't be thinking about your hydration pack until you get back to the trailhead. That is a mark of a great pack, and Cortez, CO based Osprey knows mountain biking and packs.
- Lightweight, incredible fitting, low volume hydration pack for trail riding
- Contouring AirScape backpanel and bike-specific shape harness
- Hydration system: Osprey Hydraulics® LT 2.5L reservoir by Hydrapak
- Dedicated hydration sleeve w/ direct-zip access, hose path for easy loading
- Lightweight sternum strap magnet for easy access to water
- Scratch-free, heat-embossed zippered slash pocket for glasses, etc
- Stretch mesh zippered hipbelt pockets enhance fit, carry small at-hand items
- Popular and highly effective LidLock bike helmet attachment
- Stretch mesh front pocket for quickly stashing extra gear, like a rain shell
- Slotted attachment zone for blinking light; reflective patch for safety
- Removable roll-up tool pouch keeps tools handy and organized
- Bike tool/necessity organization in main compartment
- Materials: Body 210 Nylon Dobby, Bottom 600D polyester
- Storage volume: 610 IN3 / 10 L
- Dimensions: 18.9"H X 8.7"W X 9.1"D
- Size: One size fits most, with strap adjustability
- Colors: Black, Cedar Green
- Weight: 1.59 lbs (empty hydration system)