Osprey Siskin 8 Hydration Pack
When you need or simply prefer to carry adequate water and a limited amount of supplies or gear on the trails, you should consider the Osprey Siskin 8 Hydration Pack. With a narrower footprint that is more rectangular than the Raptor series, the Siskin offers a a different fit and feel despite much of the same technology as the Raptor. A high-performing mountain biking pack that provides stability and comfort on the gnarliest of trails, the Siskin allows you to bring just what you need (and nothing more) on your ride. A direct-access zip path leads to an included 2.5-liter reservoir, and a U-zip main compartment opens wide to stuff a spare tube, flat repair tools, and your PB&J inside. The front of the pack features a LidLock attachment point for a standard-size helmet, while side compression straps expand to fit a full face.
The Siskin 8 gets Osprey's new sculpted, form-fitting AirScape backpanel and bike-specific shape harness set-up. Start with the backpanel. Utilizing mesh-covered, extra deep ridged foam allows maximum ventilation yet keeps the load close to the body for greater stability and control. The system actually channels heat and moisture away from the body and the pack. Load support comes from the use of an Atilon foam framesheet that allows for dynamic body movement and distributes load across entire backpanel, again, keeping you in control of the load, naturally- without stress or awkward weighting. Of course this control is then ensured in two ways. First is the BioStretch harness, which Osprey engineered for their bike specific packs with winged shoulder strap shapes that contour the upper back and shoulder, providing superior comfort and stability while featuring soft breathable spacermesh contact surfaces and die-cut foam ventilation to prevent chafing, keep you cool and dry, and assist in load weight distribution. Second is the simple, thin and minimal waist strap, which is very effective on this smaller volume pack where a more evolved strap is overkill.
Hydrapak has developed the new Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5L reservoir. This sleek, smart, and easy to use reservoir and tube system keeps you hydrated all day long and stores in a dedicated hydration compartment with direct-zip access, the ability to quickly switch tube routing side to side, and features a quick connect system for manageability. The magnetic bite valve affixes quickly to the sternum strap for fast access and control of the tube end. The bite valve itself now has a 45 degree fitting that encourages a better tube angle and places less stress on the tube itself while making it quicker to the hand on rough terrain. The reservoir itself is a top opening design with a clip lock that doubles as a hook hanger. While the previous Hydraulics system was quite good, the features on this version are real improvements across the board. All parts are BPA-free, phthalate-free, lead-free, guaranteed. All materials are certified food safe according to FDA and EU regulations.
- Slim, compact full featured low cargo volume cycling hydration pack
- Great design, fit, features, construction and overall durability; cost effective
- Included Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5L reservoir by Hydrapak with direct-zip access
- Contouring AirScape backpanel, Airscape Suspension and Bio-Stretch cycling harness
- Magnetic sternum strap bite valve attachment
- Dual upper side compression straps double as a full face helmet carry
- Full front panel U-zip to main compartment and tool organization
- Front panel shove-it pocket
- LidLock helmet attachment
- Clip-on light attachment
- Internal scratch-free, heat-embossed slash pocket
- Materials: Main- 900x600D Polyester, Accent- 210D Nylon Duramax, Bottom- 420HD Nylon Oxford
- Volume: 488 IN3 / 8L
- Dimensions: 18.5"H x 8.5"W x 6.9"
- Size: One size fits most, with strap adjustability
- Color: Obsidian Black
- Weight: 1.16 lbs (empty hydration system)