Park Tool AV-1 Axle Vise
An axle vise is an indispensable bike tool.When you need it, nothing else will suffice. Though Park offers the multi-faceted AV-5, the AV-1 is the original favorite. Designed with two interfaces, one for 9mm OD axles, and the second for 10mm OD axles, this simple tool slides into an open vise, which is tightened down once an axle has been inserted. The aluminum jaws of the AV-1 won't damage steel threaded axles, nor smooth aluminum end caps. The carrier is made of steel and holds the jaws in place, acting like a released spring when the vise is opened.
Hub adjustments and service are made much easier when the axle is held firmly in place, as is the removal of press fit end caps. Shop mechanics can't live without a simple axle vise, and often find creative ways to make it more useful. So can you.
- Tool sits in open vise to hold the axle, closed vise prevents axle from turning
- Tool features two diameter hole openings, based on 9mm, 10mm OD axles
- Aluminum interface won't damage steel threads, aluminum end caps
- Steel carrier holds aluminum jaws, acts as a simple spring
- Durable, indispensable tool designed for every day use