Park Tool BKD-1 Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit- D.O.T.
The team at Park Tool spends a lot of time working on bikes in service of developing the most effective, well thought out, and properly executed shop quality tools available. Keeping the pricing reasonable, and the tech aspects manageable for home mechanics are goals as well. The BKD-1 Brake Bleed Kit will bleed most models of DOT fluid based hydraulic brake systems hits while all of those marks, and has some simple innovations that can ease and improve the overall brake bleed experience. Hydraulic systems need bleeding to remove any air bubbles and to inject new, clean fluid and while some systems are reasonably easy to work on, better tools always improve the process.
The BKD-1 features machined 7075 aluminum fittings (with tubing) to service SRAM, Hayes, Formula, Hope and other brands of DOT fluid based hydraulic brake systems. The kit includes two syringes, tubing with shut off clips, multi-size bleed blocks, bleed funnel and a unique attachable syringe mount that acts like a 3rd hand. DOT fluid is not included as most brake manufacturers have their own specific formulas that are optimal for their hydraulic systems. The BKD-1 comes in a rugged, protective, reusable case for easy storage and/or transport.
- Brake bleed tool kit designed for DOT fluid based hydraulic disc brake systems
- Designed and built home use and for the rigors of daily commercial use
- Includes two syringes, hoses with shut off clips, multi-size bleed blocks, bleed funnel and a unique attachable syringe mount
- Machined stainless steel and 7075 aluminum fittings to service SRAM, Hayes, Formula, Hope and other brands of DOT fluid based hydraulic brake systems
- DOT fluid not included; always use the proper DOT fluid required by brake manufacturer and do not mix versions or with mineral oil
- Syringes are labeled for DOT Fluid identification
- Housed in a rugged, protective, reusable case for easy storage and/or transport