Park Tool FR-3 Sun Tour 4-Prong Freewheel Remover
In many shops and old time mechanic's tool boxes, one of the the oldest usable tools buried away is the Park Tool FR-3 Sun Tour 4-Prong Freewheel Remover. The FR-3 was first offered in 1986, when Sun Tour devised their four notch system. Any bike recycler, urban or college town shop has to have an FR-3 on hand today, because their are still plenty of functional bikes that have the Sun Tour 4-Notch Freewheel, but there is no other reasonable way to remove one.
Park makes durable tool from heat treated alloy tool steel, featuring a one inch base that fits wrench or bench vise. Thin wall construction allows use without removal of cones and locknuts. Park recommends you always use a skewer or axle nut to hold tool in place for during removal so it stays seated as you apply torque. if you aren't sure if you have a Sun Tour 4-Notch freewheel, you can measure the distance across notches, which are approximately 24mm.
- 4- prong freewheel removal tool specifically for Sun Tour 4-Notch freewheel
- Made with heat treated alloy tool steel with thin wall construction
- Features a 1" six sided base that fits wrench or bench vise
- Allows for use without removal of hub cones and locknuts
- Always use a skewer or axle nut to hold tool in place for during removal
- The FR-3 has 4 notches approximately 24mm across