Park Tool TAP-7 Frame Tap 3 x 0.5mm
Shop quality cutting and thread tapping frame tools are rarely used outside of your local bike shop but some home and shop mechanics like to have their own set of useful tools for specific tasks. The Park Tool TAP-7 Frame Tap is designed for 3mm x .5mm threads, most commonly used on rear wheel drop-out alignment screws such as those used on rear facing horizontal drop outs (found on many aero TT or Triathlon frames, older road frames with horizontal dropouts, BMX bikes, and some track frames.
This small size gets the same high quality tool steel and precision thread tap system found on all Park taps. It will effectively and accurately cut aluminum or steel. You will need a tap handle for precise and proper use. The Park TH-1 is the proper size for this TAP-7.
- Park frame tap for 3mm x .5mm receiving threads
- Threading most commonly found on rear wheel alignment drop out screws
- High quality tool steel with precision machined tap threading
- Park recommends the TH-1 tap handle for proper and accurate use
- Always confirm thread pitch and pitch diameter, and use cutting fluid