Pinarello Dogma F Disk Frameset
When you have created a frame design that delivers not only incredible efficiency in lab and wind tunnel tests, but also regularly carries top riders to podiums throughout the road race calendar, any improvements are refinements developed through even more advanced analysis and real world testing. The Pinarello Dogma F12 frameset set new benchmarks, but the engineers never stopped trying to improve it. If there has been consistent criticism of the Dogma frames, it is that they are a little heavier than the competition. Pinarello has long stated that weight is less an issue than the balance of aero efficiency, maximized power transfer, superior handling, and a more forgiving ride- but when faced with the excellence of the Dogma F12, it became clear that by assessing the whole assembly of the integrated cockpit and frameset, the overall set-up could be made lighter as well. By focusing on the seatpost, handlebars, and fork, as well as the frame itself, they were able to make the entire frame system 9% lighter than the F12 Disk, so enter the Dogma F Disk, no number required.
As a system, the Pinarello Dogma F Disk saves upwards of 265 grams compared to the Dogma F12 Disc, while also being 12% stiffer around the bottom bracket. Reducing weight equals watts saved, but what is so incredible is that the frame system weighs so little without compromising the exceptional aerodynamics, handling, or ride quality. In fact, the Dogma F Disk has a lower drag than the Dogma F rim brake frame- a first for Pinarello. A lot of the disc brake aero advantage comes with the development of the new Onda fork for the Dogma F. The forks profile and cross sections improve how the fork legs and front wheel work together, aerodynamically speaking, in order to smooth the air over the leading edge of the bike. Add in the Flatback aero shape design with it's truncated aerofoil for aerodynamic advantage, that is compliant to the 3:1 UCI rule, and you have excellent aero performance and low lateral wind resistance.
The highest quality materials available have always been applied to the Dogma-series framesets, and like the F10 and F12, the F Disk features the superlative properties of Torayca's T1100 1K Dream Carbon with Nanoalloy Technology. By refining the frame shapes and designs in the computer and wind tunnel, some weight directly came off the frame itself, while making several marginal aero gains that deliver a 4.8% improvement in aero efficiency over the F12 Disk, delivering a potential 2.6 watts saved at 50 km/hour. Again, a modest but real gain that advances the demonstrated excellence of the F12 Disk. When you factor in the dropout to dropout Asymmetric engineering and design, which has long been proven effective for optimal power transfer, impeccable tracking, incredible handling at speed or while descending, and you have true cycling transcendence.
- World Tour level racing frameset optimized for speed, lightweight, handling, and stability
- Lighter, faster, smoother, more efficient evolution of the world beating Dogma F-series frameset
- Supreme level of overall performance while rolling, climbing, descending, sprinting, and attacking
- Overall bike weight is lower than expected when equipped with the Pinarello/MOst Talon Ultra TiCR Bar/Stem
- Must view and consider the frameset and complete build as complete system
- Frame: Torayca T1100 1K Dream Carbon with Nanoalloy Technology, TiCR internal routing (electronic only), Italian threaded BB, 12/142mm TA, Flat Mount disc brake standard, TwinForce, Seatclamp system with Ti bolts
- Fork: Redesigned Pinarello Onda Dogma F with ForkFlap, 12/100mm TA, Flat Mount disc standard
- Headset: Pinarello drop-in 1 1/2" - 1 1/2" with ultra-light bearings
- Max tire width: 28mm (as measured on rims)
- Sizes: 46.5, 50, 51.5, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57.5, 59.5 cm
- Colors: Black on Black, Eruption Red, Silver
- Weight: 865 grams (55cm)
|Pinarello Dogma F, F12|
|Top Tube Length||515mm||525mm||535mm||545mm||550mm||557mm||565mm||575mm||587mm||620mm|
|Head Tube Length||104mm||109mm||114mm||123mm||131mm||142mm||149.5mm||163mm||199mm||239mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||67mm||67mm|