Pinarello Grevil Ekar Bicycle
This special run of Pinarello Grevil Ekar Bicycles is equipped for the rigors and requirements of everyday gravel training and racing, while featuring the 2021 Grevil geometry, tire clearance and well regarded performance at the highest standards of a variety of highly competitive gravel events. Despite that pedigree, it can also serve as the ideal option for a serious enthusiast who grabs three 2 hour rides during the week and manages at least 5 hour ride on the weekend. The speed, power, balance and control are all represented in the design and carbon lay-up, with superior Pinarello construction. In applying Torayca's T700 carbon, the engineers reached an asymmetric platform that offers compliance and performance without compromise, with an aerodynamic tubeset and frame features that deliver efficiency as well. By maximizing their Twin Arm Asymmetric frame design and it's exceptional power transfer and handling characteristics, the team at Pinarello has delivered on a gravel specific extension of the Dogma lineage.
By equipping this appealing platform with Campagnolo's wide ranging and ultra efficient 1x13-Speed Ekar mechanical drivetrain/hydraulic disc brake system, a Fulcrum Racing Red 3 Wheelset, and a Pinarello MOst cockpit, the design team sought to meet the needs of hardcore cyclists and gravel grinders, regardless of how it is being used. With the 2021 geometry, the overall stance of the complete bike ensures traction and delivery of power to the rear wheel while you can transfer or release weight to the front wheel as the surface requires. With a versatile set-up capability with 700c or 650b wheel, and easy tire clearance for 42mm or 2.1" respectively, both speed and terrain challenges can be overcome based on the requirements of the day.
Besides the shaping and connected planes of the aerodynamics of the fork, tubeset and junctions, the commitment to efficiency includes the Flatback tubes shapes, the disc rotor side Fork Flap, AERO seatpost, ICR internal cable routing and shaping that prevents the bottle cage zone and rearward airflow around the seattube from getting too dirty. Even the toptube location of the drop-in wedge system that visually disappears but still manages to secure the seatpost without excessive torque features in the aero development. While this build is a 1x design the frame can be used with 1x or 2x crankset via the removable braze-on tab. Mechanical or electronic shifting systems and the hydraulic hose routing can be smoothly achieved with the well-executed Think 2 modular insert system for the internal routing, as well as the downtube E-Link integration port for electronic junction access.
Compliance comes from the application and lay-up of the T700 UD Carbon fiber and the rear Flexstays, with a flattened shape that allow some reaction and give over rough terrain, but provide excellent lateral stiffness and stability that ensures incredible straight line power transfer even while you apply power out the saddle while the rear wheel maintains a better contact patch the surface. A similar feature is incorporated into the Grevil-dedicated full carbon, tapered Onda fork. The proven Onda system forces vibration from the front dropout up the waved and shaped design, lengthening the journey the vibrations must travel, minimizing their upstream effect on the rider. At the same time the bowed shape and the variable width aero blades are supremely stiff to lateral and impact forces, as well as easily managing the hub-based forces of disc braking. Pinarello uses their RAD System of caliper mount strength for the Flat Mount direct bolt-through design for the frame and the proper fork set-up. With 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear thru-axles to keep everything aligned and delivering side to side integral stiffness, the braking set-up delivers impeccable control and power through the Ekar hydraulic disc brake system.
if you can envision an ideal gravel bike with ruthless shifting efficiency over a 40T chainring with a 9-42T 13-Speed cassette; fast and strong alloy wheels that can manage 40mm plus tires with ease, and a solid gravel oriented cockpit set-up, all at proper price point, this Grevil Ekar Bicycle has to move the top of your wish list.
- Ready to rock complete gravel bike featuring Pinarello engineering, Campagnolo precision, and an overall set-up that can take on all comers
- Frame and Onda fork made with Torayca T700 UD carbon with a refined and optimized layup
- Twin Arms Asymmetric frame engineering, with Flatback aerodynamic tube shapes and junctions
- Flexstays combine with carbon layup to mitigate impacts and vibrations, without sacrificing power transfer
- Numerous aerodynamic refinements such as Fork Flap, ICR internal cable routing, FSC frontal seat post wedge system, Grevil AERO seatpost, E-Link downtube integration, and bottle boss placement
- Think 2 fit electronically or mechanical group sets on the same frame, with 1x or 2x drivetrains
- Drop In headset bearing system for tapered headtube/ fork steerer (1⅛" upper, 1½" lower)
- RAD System disc brake design on frame and fork for Flat Mount calipers
- Max Tire options: 700c x 42 mm / Max Tire: 650b x 2,1”
- Thru-axles: 12/100mm front, 12/142mm rear with integrated hidden axle lever fastening system
- Frame and Fork: Grevil T700 with dedicated Onda carbon disc fork
- Groupset: Campagnolo Ekar 13-Speed Mechanical Shifting with Hydraulic Disc Braking
- Shift/Brake levers: Ekar Ergopower cable driven shifting, hydraulic master cylinder for disc brakes; with 1 Lever 1 Action system
- Disc Calipers Ekar Flat Mount, (140mm with adapters); for 160mm AFS disc rotors
- Crankset/Bottom bracket Ekar Carbon Ultra-Torque 172.5mm, 40T 1x chainring with Italian threaded UT BB cups (59cm has 175mm crank length)
- Rear Derailleur: Ekar 13-Speed with integrated clutch mechanism, 2D parallelogram trajectory
- Cassette: Ekar 9-42T (for N3W freehub body)
- Chain: Ekar 13s with pin
- Wheelset/Tires: Fulcrum Racing Red 3 DB Gravel (alloy, AFS/Center Lock), 24mm depth, 29mm ERW, 24mm IRW, disc only, 2-Way fit Tubeless/Clincher system; Schwalbe G-One Allround TLE tires 700x38mm, with Continental Race Road 60mm tubes
- Handlebar: MOst Jaguar Gravel Alloy 31.8mm, 44cm with flare (59cm has 46cm bar)
- Stem: MOst Tiger Aero Alloy 31.8, -6 degree, 100mm, integrated aero spacer kit (59cm has 110mm)
- Seatpost: Grevil Carbon AERO, 25mm setback
- Saddle MOst Lynx Aircross (Manganese rails, 7mm round, 145mm width, 245mm length
- Sizes: 47cm, 50cm, 53cm, 56cm, 59cm
- Colors: BOBB (Black on Black), Asteroid White
- Weight: tbd
|Pinarello Grevil 2021|
|Top Tube Length||520mm||535mm||550mm||575mm||600mm|
|Head Tube Length||133mm||146mm||159mm||173mm||200mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||67mm||67mm||67mm||67mm||67mm|