Pinarello Prince Ultegra R8170 Di2 Bicycle (Alloy Wheels)
Pinarello offers two version of the Prince 12-Speed Ultegra Di2 R8100-series bicycles. One features a carbon fiber wheelset, while this one saves you some money and carries an alloy Fulcrum Racing 500 wheelset. Otherwise, the bikes are virtually identical.
The Prince represents the mid-range of Pinarello's competition line of bikes. Built with a more cost-effective carbon fiber system with details and engineering that comes the evolution of the Dogma series bikes, and drawing most specifically in this updated version from the Dogma F12, the Prince is race worthy, but built for more cyclists to enjoy. This complete bicycle features Shimano's recently release 12-speed Ultegra Di2 R8100-series groupset with it's updated disc braking system. Of course the big news about this groupset is that the Di2 Shifters are wireless, reducing complicated wiring down through the bar, stem, fork and frame. Shimano kept the front and rear derailleurs hard wired individually to a new internal seatpost battery for better reliability and longer battery life. There is no junction box, per se, as the rear derailleur features a magnetic charging port, the adjustment buttons, LED indicator and D-Fly communication system. Shimano has refined the fastest, most precise shifting system to even greater levels- topped only by the R9200-series Dura-Ace version.
The mileage and versatility oriented Prince Disk frameset carries thru-axles, flat mount disc mounts, and T700 carbon fiber lay-up, with an evolved strength rating and a more forgiving ride. The frameset itself carries forward many Dogma F12 design and engineering features that ensure performance in a geometry that suits more cyclists than the Dogma or even the Prince FX model. If comparing to the Dogma F12 you will recognize the tube shapes and junctions, the Flatback aero tube design, as well as some very specific details that deliver more overall aero efficiency, including the TiCR full internal cable routing system and a modified ForkFlap system.
The Prince also has other great features, such as the 3XAir™ option for seattube bottle cage mounting with two positions available for better aerodynamics. The tubeset and seatpost shapes themselves are the more aero FlatBack design, and the downtube works to shroud bottle cage placements from passing airflow. The shapes also contribute to the overall torsional rigidity of the design, using Pinarello's Asymmetric engineering principles to offset the power transfer requirements of the right side drivetrain. This concept, carried through from the front fork dropouts, back through the frameset to the rear wheel dropouts, ensures that drivetrain efficiency is maximized directly through the rear hub. There is very little loss of energy from lateral flex, which also improves the overall ride quality in terms of handling, steering precision, and stability. You can see some of these elements, but much of the pure engineering goes into the carbon fiber lay-up process, which has been refined and executed for reduced weight without compromising the performance characteristics of the frameset.
From the tapered Prince Onda fork and headtube to the Italian threaded bottom bracket shell, the frameset delivers reliability and security that allows the rider to push the Prince to it's peak performance. Again, the bike a has race geometry, but in a fit that is a little more forgiving. In spec'ing out the Ultegra R8100-series build for best overall value, Pinarello offers this version largely by tapping into their MOst kit components but opting for a Fulcrum Racing 500 Alloy disc brake wheelset, Pirelli tires and an overall attention to detail that keeps the price-point equitable to the build, allowing more cyclists to enjoy the overall design excellence and influences that has allowed Pinarello sponsored pro cycling teams to dominate Grand Tours and many other podiums over the last decade.
- Complete disc brake road bike with Shimano's 12-spd Ultegra Di2 R8100-series groupset , alloy wheelset
- Ideal for the cyclist who puts miles and hours, wants the performance of Di2 shifting, the all-weather surety and control of hydraulic disc brakes, and overall aero efficiency
- Design features and specific tube shapes from Dogma F12 series frameset
- High strength Torayca T700 carbon fiber laid up with dropout to dropout asymmetric engineering in shape and lay-up
- TiCR internal full cable routing system includes the bar and stem
- Tapered Onda Carbon fork and headtube system delivers outstanding stiffness and efficiency
- Flatback tube profiles, seatpost design for greater aerodynamics
- Tire clearance: 28mm (Width as Measured)
- 12/100mm front / 12/142mm thru-axle dropouts, Flat Mount disc caliper mounts
- Frame: Prince Torayca T700 UD, Asymmetric design, disc brake, 12/142mm TA
- Fork: Prince ONDA disc brake, tapered 1? to 1½, w/MOst headset, 12/100 TA
- Groupset: Shimano 12-speed Ultegra Di2R8170/R8150/R8100 w/hydraulic disc braking
- Lever set: R8150 Di2/Hydraulic Disc Brake Dual Control
- Di2: BT-DN300 Battery Li-Ion (internal seatpost), w/ SD300 e-Tube wires to FD and RD individually, Shifters are wireless w/CR1632 coin cell batteries (up to about 2 years of use- easy to change)
- Derailleurs: R8150 Di2 Braze-on front, R8150 Rear (features Di2 control, charging port, LED indicators, D-Fly communication)
- Disc brakes: R8170 Flat Mount Disc calipers, RT-MT800 160F/160R Center Lock rotors
- Crankset/BB: R8100 52-36T, BBR60 Italian threaded
- Cassette: R8100 11-30T
- Chain: Shimano CN-MT8100 12s w/QL
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 500 Allo, 2-Way Fit, 20mm IRW, HG11, Center Lock Disc
- Tires: Pirelli P7 Sport black 60 tpi nylon breaker, 26mm
- Cockpit featuring MOst components
- Handlebar: Jaguar XA Alu TiCR, 31.8mm
- Stem: Tiger Aero Alu TiCR 31.8mm, w/ aero spacer system
- Saddle: Lynx Aircross FEC alloy rails; Large: 145mm wide, 245mm long
- Bar tape: Ultragrip Evo 3mm
- Note: Component Specifications are subject to change without notice due to supply chain challenges
- Sizes: 46, 49, 51.5, 53, 54.5, 56, 58 cm
- Colors: BOB A211, Red A212, White A214
- Weight: 18.25 lbs (54.5cm)
|Top Tube Length||505mm||515mm||525mm||535mm||545mm||557mm||565mm||580mm||600mm|
|Head Tube Length||106mm||108mm||116mm||124mm||135mm||151mm||168mm||193mm||231mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||67mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||67mm||67mm|