PRO Stealth Superlight Saddle
The short platform Stealth saddle from PRO goes carbon in this Stealth Superlight Saddle. Like it's more cost effective sibling the Superlight is available in 2 widths, 142 and 152 mm. PRO has tapped into Shimano's deep carbon engineering experience to create a unified full carbon shell and rail structure which is handmade with an optimized lay-up that offers a modicum of useful flex but has been engineered for pedaling efficiency. The open center system offers a sizable pressure relief zone that has under-bridging for better durability and stiffness to match the saddle overall. The shorter design has become common and is considered optimal for the aggressive posture common to racing, but many find comfortable regardless. The stiffness of the carbon design is ideal for a saddle that is truly meant to be a platform, providing consistent and efficient pedaling action. This is not a design that favors much flex or fore-aft adjustment, the wider nose design does offer adequate support when you need to.
This isn't a full carbon saddle in the trues sense, as PRO graces the Superlight, and your undercarriage with their functionally thin layer of dense, lightweight EVA foam that supports and protects you at all times. it is covered with a durable PU cover that has been tested for compatibility with a variety of short/bib fabrics. The carbon rail structures are 7mm x 9mm oval so please ensure your saddle will accommodate the design. The fit of the saddle is dictated by a large, anatomically informed platform that offers greater comfort range to more riders, especially in the aggressive posture. It allows you to drive off rear in the relatively fixed seated position, and while like every other saddle design made, it may not fit you, but if does, you'll quickly be setting up all your bikes with a Stealth model. The 142mm PRO Stealth Superlight Saddle weighs in at 145 grams and offers the 2-bolt mounting hole set under the tail for PRO and other compatible bolt-on accessories.
- Short length, UCI road compatible road saddle best suited for aggressive posture
- Full, unified, hand laid-up, optimized carbon shell and rail design
- Open center channel allows for pressure relief, airflow, has under bridging in shell to ensure a consistent feel and stiffness while under load and over time
- Superlight EVA foam on shell ensures rider support and protection
- PU cover is durable and waterproof; tested for wide range of short fabric compatibility
- 2-bolt accessories bosses under tail for PRO and other compatible accessory mounting
- Rails: 7mm x 9mm oval, in carbon
- Width options: 142mm, 152mm
- Color: Stealth black on black
- Weight: 145 grams (142mm)