Reserve 22|GR i9 Torch Carbon Wheelset
Stout and stable, light and responsive, the Reserve 22|GR gravel rim design is capable of handling all gravel surface conditions and carrying tires up 700x45. The folks at Reserve have engineered a gravel rim with the compliance you want over harsh surfaces, but the lateral stiffness to make every effort count. This upgrade version is laced to the Industry 9 Torch Classic CL disc hubset for incredible engagement and control at lighter weight. The Reserve 22|GR DT 350 Carbon Wheelset can be your everyday driver on gravel with no fears, as the people who started Reserve came from the mountain bike world via Santa Cruz, with the knowledge and understanding of how to make a low-profile, wide, strong carbon rim. Feel free to race or ride gravel, cyclocross, pavement or mixed terrain gran fondo events with this ideally priced wheelset.
With this upgraded version of the Reserve 22|GR Wheelset, Industry 9 provides their Torch Classic j-bend hubset. The hubs are light, incredibly stiff, and among the fastest engaging available. The hubs alone drop the weight 30 grams from the DT Swiss 350 version, and are more closely aligned in price and overall set-up to a DT240, though the i9 Torch has some special advantages, even in a j-bend style flange design. The j-bend spokes are common, making them easier to find on a epic adventure, as well as giving some rim and rider forgiveness. External nipples are used for easy true/tension with this 24 hole (front and rear) set-up with 2x/2x lacing all-around. The hubs are built for thru-axle use, with a 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear configuration to go along with the Center Lock disc rotor interface. The drive system on the i9 Torch rear hub is i9's 60 point, 6 degree engagement, 3 pawl system that offers incredibly fast and sure control at any speed. This a 4 bearing hub with external seals, and one of the stoutest, stiffest hub designs versus the competition. The angled flanges reduce stress on the hub and spoke, reducing the risk of spoke failure. For many riders, the i9 Torch makes the $300 upgrade from the DT350 well worth it.
Reserve is a company committed to creating the best carbon rims for mountain, gravel and road cycling. Started by engineers from Santa Cruz, then buttressed through a professional partnership with Cervelo, the team at Reserve has built a reputation for exceptional strength, resilience, and physical characteristics, including tubeless read excellence and impressive aerodynamics. From day one of rim sales Reserve has backed their carbon rims with a lifetime warranty, which is the ultimate indicator of belief in the product and the desire to back it up.
- Carbon rim, 22mm deep gravel/CX/allroad wheelset for Tubeless/Clincher use, disc brake only; featuring Industry 9 Torch CL disc hubset
- Engineered gravel rim shape with the strength, compliance you want over harsh surfaces, but the lateral stiffness to deliver power with tires up to 45mm
- Square-shaped reinforcements around the spoke holes deliver strength with less overall rim weight
- Wheelset delivers excellent stability and tubeless tire footprint for grip, control, and traction
- Internal rim width: 22mm
- Offset: 3mm Asymmetric
- Spoke hole count: 24 j-bend (front and rear); laced 2x/2x all around, external nipples
- Industry 9 CL disc, thru-axle hubset, j-bend flanges; 4 bearing hub with external seals, angled flanges; Rear features 60 point, 6 degree engagement via 3 pawls
- Reserve Lifetime Warranty (for riding-specific failure, crash replacement discount policy for purely accidental damage not related to quality or manufacturing)
- Thru-axle spec: 12/100 Front, 12/142mm Rear
- Disc interface: Center Lock
- Includes: Tubeless rim tape, valves
- Tire size: 700c (30-45mm recommended tire width range)
- Freehub options: Shimano HG11 (compatible w/ Shimano Road 12s cassettes), SRAM XDR
- Finish: Carbon
- Weight: 1363 grams