Reserve 25|GR DT 350 650b Carbon Wheelset
Riding a rigid bike on washboard roads might look great on Instagram, but 80 miles in, you’ll be grateful for every bit of cushion you can get. The Reserve 25|GR is designed for gravel bikes, delivering extra traction and a bit more cushion than a 700c wheel, thanks to the additional tire air volume capacity. The hookless design belies its mountain bike provenance, and J-bend spokes and external nipples make it ideal for long tours where replacement and repair isn't so much a matter of if but- when.
Stout and stable, light and responsive, the Reserve 22|GR gravel rim design is capable of handling all gravel surface conditions and carrying 650b tires in a 55mm width. The folks at Reserve have engineered a gravel rim with the compliance you want over harsh surfaces, but the lateral stiffness to make every effort count. Laced to the DT 350 disc hubset, the Reserve 25|GR DT 350 Carbon Wheelset can be your everyday driver on gravel with no fears, as the people who started Reserve came from the mountain bike world via Santa Cruz, with the knowledge and understanding of how to make a low-profile, wide, strong hookless tubeless carbon rim. Feel free to race or ride gravel, cyclocross, pavement or mixed terrain gran fondo events with this ideally priced wheelset.
At the heart of the wheel, DT Swiss supplies their fast responding, incredibly reliable, wonderfully easy-to-service DT Swiss 350 Center Lock disc hubset for this version of the 25|GR. The 350's aren't the lightest in the line, the 180's have that lofty perch, but are much more cost effective, allowing the 1362 gram wheelset to come in at $1600. The straightpull spokes allow for very high tension, excellent power transfer, lateral stiffness, and some rim and rider forgiveness. External nipples are used for easy true/tension with this 24 hole (front and rear) set-up with 2x/2x lacing all-around. The hubs are built for thru-axle use, with a 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear configuration to go along with the Center Lock disc rotor interface. The drive system on the rear hub is the DT 36SL Ratchet freehub; known as one of the easiest ever offered to service or replace, with exceptional reliability and engagement. DT's own steel cartridge bearings and seals are superior, delivering exceptional protection from the elements and long life.
Reserve is a company committed to creating the best carbon rims for mountain, gravel and road cycling. Started by engineers from Santa Cruz, then buttressed through a professional partnership with Cervelo, the team at Reserve has built a reputation for exceptional strength, resilience, and physical characteristics, including tubeless read excellence and impressive aerodynamics. From day one of rim sales Reserve has backed their carbon rims with a lifetime warranty, which is the ultimate indicator of belief in the product and the desire to back it up.
- Carbon rim, 19.5mm deep, gravel 650b wheelset for Hookless Tubeless use, disc brake only; featuring DT Swiss 350 CL disc hubset
- Engineered gravel rim shape with the strength, compliance you want over harsh surfaces, but the lateral stiffness to deliver power with tires up to 45mm
- Square-shaped reinforcements around the spoke holes deliver strength with less overall rim weight
- Wheelset delivers excellent stability and tubeless tire footprint for grip, control, and traction
- Internal Hookless rim width: 25mm
- Offset: 3mm Asymmetric
- Spoke hole count: 24 (front and rear); laced straightpull 2x/2x all around, external nipples
- DT Swiss 350 CL disc, thru-axle hubset, straightpull flanges; Rear features 36SL Ratchet drive freehub
- Reserve Lifetime Warranty (for riding-specific failure, crash replacement discount policy for purely accidental damage not related to quality or manufacturing)
- Thru-axle spec: 12/100 Front, 12/142mm Rear
- Disc interface: Center Lock
- Includes: Tubeless rim tape, valves
- Tire size: 650b (40-55mm recommended tire width range)
- Freehub options: Shimano HG11 (compatible w/ Shimano Road 12s cassettes), SRAM XDR
- Finish: Carbon
- Weight: 1362 grams