40|44 DT 240 Carbon Wheelset DEMO
Looking for a great value on a lightweight, low-mid aero allroad wheelset? These Excel DEMO Reserve 40|44 wheelsets were prepped for rider testing and/or photo shoots. They may or may not have been ridden, but all are in essentially brand new condition, and equipped with 700x28 mm Vittoria Corsa G2.0 Road Tires, Vittoria tubes, and 160mm Shimano RT-CL800 Center Lock Rotors.
The Reserve 40|44 Wheelset carbon road disc brake concept employs a shallower, wider front wheel for greater stability and control, along with a taller, narrower rear wheel for better aerodynamics, speed, and power transfer. And it’s designed to provide a comfortable, safe ride all day long, even if you hit it a rough patch of road or encounter an occasional short gravel-strewn side road, alley or driveway. The 40|44 was conceived via CFD and wind tunnel development, in conjunction with expertise from Cervelo. Pro cycling specific requirements and proper aerodynamic considerations and applications were applied to maximize the conceptual purpose of the 40|44 wheelset as a great all-rounder, especially on hilly or and moderately flat or variable terrain where more responsive wheels that still carry an aero advantage ensure the ability to carry speed at all times in a group or solo riding situation.
DT Swiss supplies the fast responding, incredibly reliable, wonderfully easy-to-service and truly lightweight DT Swiss 240 Center Lock disc hubset for this version of the 40|44 wheelset. There may not be a hub as easy to work on and manage than the DT 240, nor has there been one for years. The 240 has been upgraded and refined without losing it's pure functionality and simple serviceability. The low profile straightpull flange design and wide bearing placement keep the spoke tension high and the thru-axle hub interface incredibly stout, regardless of weight. The use of Sapim CX-Ray Aero straightpull spokes allows for very high tension overall, excellent power transfer, lateral stiffness, and some rim and rider forgiveness. External nipples are used for easy true/tension with this 24 hole (front and rear) set-up with 2x/2x lacing all-around. The hubs are built for thru-axle use, with a 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear configuration to go along with the Center Lock disc rotor interface. The drive system on the rear hub is the 36T EXP Ratchet, an improvement on the previous generation along with a reduction in weight. With exceptional reliability and engagement, DT's own steel cartridge bearings and superior seals, the 240 equipped,1388 gram 40|44 wheelset delivers exceptional protection from the elements and smooth running long life.
Reserve is a company committed to creating the best carbon rims for mountain, gravel and road cycling. Started by engineers from Santa Cruz, then buttressed through a professional partnership with Cervelo, the team at Reserve has built a reputation for exceptional strength, resilience, and physical characteristics, including tubeless ready excellence and impressive aerodynamics. From day one of rim sales Reserve has backed their carbon rims with a lifetime warranty, which is the ultimate indicator of belief in the product and the desire to back it up.Return to Top
- New, or essentially new, DEMO Reserve 40|44 HG freehub wheelset equipped with tires, disc rotors
- Carbon, 40mm front, 44mm rear deep allroad wheelset for Tubeless/Clincher use, disc brake only; featuring DT Swiss 240 CL disc hubset
- Rim's specifically for the Reserve 40|44 wheelset pairing- wider and lower profile front wheel than rear
- Wheelset delivers maximum stability, lowest weight and optimal aerodynamics
- Designed for all-around riding, racing
- Rim widths: Front 25.5mm IRW, 33mm ERW | Rear 25mm IRW, 31mm ERW
- Offset: Zero (symmetrical rim shape)
- Internally reinforced spoke holes used to strengthen the area where rim carries the most force- around the spoke nipple
- Spokes/Nipples: Sapim CX-Ray Aero 2.0 / Sapim Secure Lock nipples
- DT Swiss 240 CL disc, thru-axle hubset, straightpull flanges; Rear features EXP Ratchet 36T lightweight drive freehub
- Reserve Lifetime Warranty (for riding-specific failure, crash replacement discount policy for purely accidental damage not related to quality or manufacturing)
- Thru-axle spec: 12/100 Front, 12/142mm Rear
- Disc interface: Center Lock
- Includes: Tubeless rim tape, valves
- Tire size: 700c (28-45mm recommended tire width range)
- Freehub: Shimano HG11 (compatible w/ Shimano Road 12s cassettes)
- DEMO includes: Vittoria Corsa G2.0 Road Tires, 700x28 mm, Vittoria tubes, Shimano RT-CL800 Center Lock Rotors 160mm
- Finish: Carbon
- Weight: 1388 grams (wheels only)