Reynolds AR29 DB Carbon Wheelset
Cycling enthusiasts have generally embraced carbon rim, tubeless ready, disc brake wheels as standard equipment, even for allroad use, which may include dirt, urban, pavement, and mixed-surface roads. The wider rims allow for greater range, matching many of today's framesets. Having a 29.5mm max external rim width (21mm IRW) when running 28-32mm "road" tire gives the rider more grip, control, stability and comfort over various road surfaces. Reynolds has long offered reliable and versatile carbon wheels at great price points, and are perfectly positioned with the AR29 DB Carbon Wheelset to capture even more of the market.
The Reynolds AR wheels deliver the standout performance of the ARx series by utilizing the same carbon fiber rims, but in a more competitively priced wheel offering- meaning the the step down may be in the hubset, spokes, etc. That step down doesn't mean cheap, just a different grade still carrying solid performance and serviceablity. The AR29 DB pair weighs in at 1520 grams, which is a pretty nice weight for such a capable wheelset. The GW TR3 disc brake hubset is laced to the PR3 developed 30mm profile rim in a straight pull, high tension set-up with Sapim Sprint spokes and easy to access external brass nipples. Both wheels are 24 hole, and laced 2x/2x. The refined wider rim shape mates perfectly with tires from 28-40mm, but is optimal for road, aero purposes at 28-30. The design has offers serious footprint and excellent crosswind stability. The wheels accelerate quickly, handle great, and maximize the benefits of tubeless tires.
- Low profile carbon disc brake wheelset for intended for allroad (AR) use, Tubeless Ready
- Rim specs: 30mm depth, 21mm internal rim width, 29.5mm max external rim width
- Wide, PR3 design, tubeless ready rim provides better fit for higher volume tires that increase grip, lower rolling resistance and provide greater comfort
- Refined, wider rim shapes have been optimized for crosswind stability at a variety of yaw angles
- Spokes/lacing: Sapim Sprint straight pull, 24F/24R 2x/2x, with external brass nipples
- Hubset: Straight Pull, CL Disc, Front GW TR3 | Rear GW TR3, w/3 pawl, 10° engagement
- Axle type: 12/100mm TA Front, 12/142mm TA Rear (includes 15mm TA end caps for front)
- Comes with 25mm tubeless tape installed, 45mm tubeless valves, lifetime warranty (register through Reynolds-Hayes), user manual
- Recommended tire range: 28-40mm (28-30 optimal aero benefit with road tires)
- Freehub options: Shimano 11s, SRAM XDR 12s
- Finish: Carbon w/ Black vinyl decals
- Weight: 1520 grams (listed)