Reynolds AR58/62 DB Wheelset
Aerodynamic speed and disc braking with great allroads capability at a nice price, the Reynolds AR58/62 wheelset has refined, wider rim shapes optimized for crosswind stability at a variety of yaw angles. The wide, tubeless ready disc brake specific rim provides better fit for higher volume tires that increase grip, lower rolling resistance and provide greater comfort. Reynolds has not typically offered different size wheels, even in the deeper section aero category and the AR58/62x front/rear combination may seem like a minimal change. In the profile that 4mm likely means little, but combined with the fact that the external rim width is also greater at 30mm (versus 28mm up front), the wheels play to the wider stance of the today's road and allroad bikes. The extra width also allows the structure to be stronger, and better able to handle the lower pressures of tubeless use, and the rougher surfaces you may be navigating. Straight line speed is faster, with excellent rear wheel tracking.
Reynolds uses their CT3 carbon rim construction technology to develop this disc specific rim, creating a structure that manages the stresses of spoke tension, the tubeless rim bed, and overall strength. The rim itself is lighter than its rim brake sibling, reducing rotational weight and offsetting the added weight of the hub and rotor. The wheelset is laced 2x/2x, with 24 Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and external alloy nipples for easier service. The hubset fast rolling and smooth Reynolds TR3 disc model. The interchangeable freehub system of the rear, delivers 10 degree engagement with 4 pawls for a very sure, consistent power delivery. Sealed cartridge bearings and oversized alloy axles keep the wheels rolling smoothly, while the Center Lock disc rotor interface ensures highly consistent rotor alignment and security. That set-up is enhanced by the hub stiffness afforded by 12mm thru-axle use. You can also use adapters for 6-bolt rotors if you choose. The aluminum hubs are machined to perfection, then anodized for durability and corrosion resistance.
This a true disc road performance wheelset that delivers speed, stability, and power transfer while still being forgiving on rough surfaces. Easily handling 700x25 to 700x40 tires, the Tubeless Ready AR58/62 wheelset is ideal for those who seek speed and stability from a wheelset that can dominate an Olympic tri, 60mile crit, or multi-surface fondo event. Race and train on these reliable, yet affordable, high performance carbon wheels from Reynolds with confidence.
- Mid-height, disc brake aero wheelset optimal for fast road, gravel, cross use
- Features a lower price point than "x" version which uses different hubset, finish 58mm front, 62mm rear profile wheels for speed, strength, and stability
- Wide, Tubeless Ready carbon disc brake rim perfect for high volume 700c tires
- Overall rim design is lighter without brake track required- offsets disc weight
- Increase grip, lower rolling resistance and provide greater comfort
- Refined, wider rim shapes optimized for crosswind stability at a variety of yaw angles
- Features Sapim CX-Sprint bladed steel straight-pull spokes, alloy nipples
- Reynolds 100% CNC machined hubs to be fast rolling smooth
- FT rim spec: Profile 58mm, Internal width 19mm, External width 28mm
- RR rim spec: Profile 62mm, Internal width 21mm, External width 30mm
- Spoke count: 24 front and rear, laced 2x/2x
- Taped for tubeless use, valves included
- Equipped with fast rolling and smooth Reynolds TR3 hubs
- Interchangeable freehub system with 3-pawl 10° engagement
- Thru-axle hubs: 12/100mm front, 12/142mm rear
- Center Lock disc brake rotor interface with lockrings
- Freehub options: Shimano/SRAM 11s, SRAM XDR
- Finish: Black gloss decals on UD carbon
- Weight: 1730 grams